Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSCreator X10 Video Story zone, Doesnt work???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 03:06
Im have problems importing videos to X10, though i have the video file in avi format, it still wont load the video, attached is the error i am receiving...

Can anybody help?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 04:00
I've been having a similar problem, only FPSC-Game physically crashes whenever I walk into a storyzone.

Curiously, what's your file format?

Can't sleep? More info soon!
Endless Fps Team
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 05:29
.avi, you?

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 13:11
.Avi here too. In my case, the format itself is correct, but it appears that the codec is incorrect for FPSC. My original cutscenes were edited in Windows Movie Maker and outputted as .avi's, but the codec used was incorrect so I needed to use another program. I'm not sure if this is your problem though, since we had different occurances for the problem (for me it simply crashed, whereas yours had an error message).

More info soon!
Marine10 beta corp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 16:41
seems as though FPSC X10 came with many new bugs as well as the new effects...

Harrison, Alijandro, Jacob, Diego, Willis, Robby, Tyler, Levi, Chris, Josh, and Ethan
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 05:34
I've sead this before, FPSX10 was not ready to come out(I think). They should have worked on it longer, added more stuff, FIXED BUGS, stuff like that.

P.S. I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM AND GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE!!!!!!!!

If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, quite.
Endless Fps Team
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 05:46
Yeah, as well as the the texture problem see pic...FPSC X10 shouldnt have been released...And in-some cases some of the new media is also crashing it...these bugs need to be fixed...But we can wait till lee and others fix it..I dont mind waiting..as long as these bugs and errors get fixed..

Attachments

Endless Fps Team
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 05:58
sorry for the double post, attached is a test.fpm for fpsc x10...

Be shure to test it..and give me the results on this thread...

Attachments

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/Advanced-Vista-Codec-Package.shtml
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 23:05 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2007 23:21
Story Zone works fine for me.

Make sure your video file is located in: YourName\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\videobank.

And your Video file was recorded using codec's that are compatible with FPSC like MSVC this is the same one FPSC X10 used by default to capture video.

Test
If you capture a short video clip using X10's built in video capture feature using one of your maps, then make a new map place a storyzone in it and go into the storyzone properties and set the visual setting to point to the video you just made from your map then run the new map you will find that it works fine when you step into the story zone.

Note: If the Video and Audio in your movie file are not encoded in a Codec that is compatible with FPSC X10 then you will get a error message every time.
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 23:46
i was about to ask if they were using the vid capture included in fpsc x10. thanks chupa cabra

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 19:23
Quote: "I've sead this before, FPSX10 was not ready to come out(I think). They should have worked on it longer, added more stuff, FIXED BUGS, stuff like that. "

As it is it was delayed several months for that very reason.

You people got to remember that FPSC is a very large project (look at the source) and additionally they're new to DX10.

Vote today and play the games!
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 19:29
about the vid capture feature: if you have a microphone connect4ed to you're computer can you talk into the mic and what you say will be in the video? i doubt it, but does itdo that?

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:41:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:41:09