Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DBC to DarkGDK Tutorial for n00bs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, well, here it goes. I have been having alot of problems getting used to this DarkGDK thing, and I have finally been able to make a 3d person perspective on GDK using some of the provided media from the tutorial Game Level. And, to take it one step further, I made the third person perspective from converting the Beast Hunt or monster hunt code in the Dark Basic tutorials. This could be alot of help to someone out there.

The only changes you really have to make is you have to know that variables are not declared the same way that they are in db by coding something like
aY# = Object Value Y

Instead, you have to delcare what type it is with its name such as
float aYf = dbObjectValueY (obj int); (ALWAY FOLLOW WITH SEMI-COLON);

Another thing to keep in mind is you always have to assing an index for your objects you are creating. SO, no more Position Camera XYZ, instead its
dbPositionCamera ( obj int, X, Y, Z)
that was my biggest problem making this work

Im thinking about putting up a website for just GDK tutorials. If any of you masters out there are willing to through together some tutorials for me, let me know.

typos...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:29:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:29:08