Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] The Lemur Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If someone could explain to me why the Lemur V2 thread got unstickied and locked, that'd be swell. I am beginning to think I should have kept Lemur V2 elsewhere.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 26th Dec 2007 08:49
I believe you should. It got locked because of people complaining about the friendlyness of these forums. mainly, you have Locrian to blame.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2007 09:10 Edited at: 26th Dec 2007 09:28
Yes why a slot?
People who mean good with this forum
Now be punished.
Why are there still people those other people's thread
i am(censorship)
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2007 12:21 Edited at: 26th Dec 2007 12:27
Stickied temporarily so members can have a chance to deliberate. That does not mean debate.

Urlforce Studios,

As I locked the thread, I will answer.

You should know why the thread was locked. If you do not then you have learned nothing about behaviours that are allowed at these FPSC forums. It is not Rocket Science. Please read my post in the thread. You yourself were offensive to other individual named members in a number of posts and other members offensive to yet other members in posts.

Members at these forums will be polite in all deliberations and not attack or threaten named individuals personally verbally or otherwise. Members will not retaliate in a similar manner. Members will conduct themselves responsibly and with civility at all times. Members will not post any offensive comments of any kind, swearing or offensive words whether implied or actual are not allowed. Members will not post materials or media or post or link to any illegal or other offensive content or any thing which contradicts the AUP or any Forum Rules or that may bring TGC and these forums into disrepute.

Any infringement of any the above is not acceptable here and may return severe action from moderators in enforcing the said AUP and Forum Rules.

What constitutes an infringement of the AUP and Forum Rules will be interpreted by the forum Moderators at their descretion.

I had to Edit the said post to remove numerous offensive attacks on idividuals. They are not allowed under any circumstance whether or not any idividual forum member feels it is justified.

It does not matter if a Forum Member is a valued, respected, long standing member, whether they have a major contribution to make to the Forums or game making in general or not. It does not matter if they are completely new to game making and these Forums and seemingly have lesser importance or a lesser role to play here than others.

Each and every individual member or group no matter what their standing or persuasions have the same rights as all others, no more , no less and will be treated with respect at all times.

If anyone has things to say, to comment upon, to debate and disagree with others they have the right to do so here, but they will do it in a civilised manner without resort to personal attacks or other offensive behaviours. If they can not do that then action will be taken by Moderators. The action taken will be severe. These forums will be a place where good practices and respect for others will prevail.

You may start again the thread if you wish if you can refrain from behaviours which may return the same result and end up with the thread being locked again or other actions being taken by Moderators.

Unfortunately the condition of a thread to an some extent relies upon the membership as a whole and not always upon a single individual for the quality of its content so threads can sometimes be locked or individuals removed from these forums because of thread deterioration and or individuals bad behavious. That is unfortunate because individuals and some times valuable rescources can be lost to the community. That is up to the members here to avoid. It is no use complaining after the fact. You know the Rules. If you dont then read them. All of them. You know what being civil and polite to others means. If you dont then its time you did.

Thread and post content is made by individuals. You have been warned that a crack down will come if these bad behaviours persist.

From now on the main emphassis where appropriate will change from Moderators taking action against posts and threads where unacceptable behaviours are carried out to action being taken against the individual member perportrators and their membership of these forums.

You have again been warned. It is the last time. I am not going to post all of this ever again.

Duplex,

You are incorrect. The thread was not locked because people complain about unfriendliness. The thread was locked because of offensive posting and use of wording which is offensive and inappropriate and attacks on individuals not because of the result of that on anyone. Moderators are not swayed by any comments of individuals or any faction. As often is the case moderators decisions take into account many things. The general condition of the forums is paramount. Members will behave themselves.

Your comment about why the thread was locked is not correct. You presume incorrectly and you name an individual once again in your post here in an inflamatory way.

That is not allowed. You are on post approval.

There will be more to follow if necessary.

Please behave yourselves and have a great year in 2008. The alternative is not worth contemplating.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 09:23:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 09:23:36