Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Polygon level is very high!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My polygon levels in my scene are very high, but the game is still running smooth.

Unless I'm outside, I tried making an outside platform, but the game ran super slow and it was basically unplayable.

Specs:
e-GeForce 8800 GTS
3 gigs of ram
x10
vista

How can i make the outside area faster and decrease the AI level and polygon level.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 01:54
george oscar,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry I am not sure if X10 is any better than FPSC classic at handling outdoor scenes. It seems that from what you say and some others have reported that perhaps it is not.

Not sure if anyone has had much time working with X10 to concern themselves much with getting on with any serious outdoor level making which would test X10 conclusively in any way.

I guess many users are getting to grips with and playing around with the new features they have without getting into areas that may pose the same kind of difficulties they have had to face in the past.

As yet I not seen anything created in X10 by forum members which give a clear indication of improvements to issues of fps and gameplay speeds over those of FPSC classic in relation to world building and complexity of the content of the scene that X10 can handle, nor the level of AI quality or impact on gameplay speeds in a true user game making environment.

Neither have I seen any special qualities relating to advanced AI which X10 is said to have which may perhaps like FPSC classic be influenced by fps and gameplay speed efficiencies or otherwise.

Perhaps in time these things will become clearer. Surprisingly or perhaps not so, TGC themselves and the user community have produced little that we can see in the form of game levels, particularly examples of playable ones of any complexity that one could use as a yardstick for measuring X10 efficiencies.

I can understand that from the community who do not work in a closed environment but at the sharp end where many difficulties present themselves and slow their game development, not least of all the fact that there will be nowhere near the number of users of X10 currently that there are of FPSC classic for a while as the investment cost in the hardware alone required is both a risk and expensive to contemplate for many.

I have X10 but dont use it. I wont spend on a new system just to run X10 as I have other things of more concern to do with the money and I am not convinced that X10 will deliver what I personally would like to have seen from it.

The same issues that existed in FPSC classic I have concerns for in X10 and have not yet seen any clear indication that the issues are any different.

I am sure there are others that can and will perhaps be able to help and clarify more clearly what X10 can do to help you.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say now?"
kabuto202
Years of Service
User Offline
ummm... Uman not to be rude or anything but you didn't really awnser this guys question nor help him...

Sorry pal, i don't know how to help ya. Hmmm maybe cause it's cause of your prossesor?
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 00:23 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 00:25
He sure did answer it, very honest and concise as well, others in his position could do well to learn from umans integrity in his answer to the problem.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 01:22
There are already many threads and posts at these forums relating to attempts to make your games more efficient and they can be found by searching the forums and reading as much as possible here and elsewhere about level design game making practices. However most of that will relate to levels and in the case of outside levels - made with FPSC classic and not X10.

In theory the issues will be the same though why anyone would want to reduce polys and AI I can not understand other than because they have no other option. Removing them kind of defeats the object of building good looking and playing game levels, unless simplicity is the name of your game. In the real world which many games relate to everything is very complex.

As far as X10 is concerned I do not know if anyone can yet answer the questions. Does X10 handle outside worlds efficiently? I do not know - perhaps some one else does so I am sure they will eventually tell us and provide the knowledge the original poster and others may seek.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say now?"
Doggie
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 12:08
This is called not exactly lying. What a hoot.
FPScX10 is just FPSC with X10.
You can like it,not like it or drop dead.
Same auld lang syne...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:08:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:08:18