Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Rotating an animation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
You all now that when you load a SINGLE image you can smoothen it, adding the "1" at the end or whatever, but how can i smoothen an ANIMATION?

I make an animation like this, dbCreateAnimatedSprite(yada,... )

this is a serious problem for me, because i loose a lot of image quality... which is very important because the art is quite fency

fency federejshn
Fency Federejshn
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes but how can i make them NOT pixel perfect but smoooth?

fency federejshn
Fency Federejshn
Years of Service
User Offline
bilinear filter?

what is a bilinear filter?

fency federejshn
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 04:11
Yeah... What is Bi-Linear? Sounds like some new Coat with a BiLinear for extra warmth

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 16:08
Just curious why they call it "BI LINEAR" not trying to beat a dead horse Windows Killer - just that if I knew why they chose those words - I could probably write a routine to do it... For when I try my hand at lightmapping shadows and want to blur the image without using a built in command - so I can control stuff about it - how much blur etc.

tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 19:06
Quote: "Just curious why they call it "BI LINEAR""

Because each sample is obtained by bilinear interpolation of neighbor original samples, which actually means performing linear interpolation in two dimensions (that's a total of 3 linear interpolations to obtain a single bilinearly interpolated value).
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 00:31
I'm making a shaderless shader - so that makes a lot of sense. Thanx Guys

tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 12:57
Quote: "shaderless shader"

What is it supposed to be?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 02:43
Name for code I'm writing to render terrain textures.

My Coined Phrase "Shaderless Shader" is simple a name to describe the "Code" I'm making ... e.g. "My Shaderless Shader Code" which isn't a revolutionary breakthrough ... hardly... (but sounds cool). I'm just calling it that because most of the cool Shaders use a combination of layering textures... blending... (often using ideas that fall under the coined Phrase "Texture Splatting").

I'm just using the same KIND of logic - Terrain Slope, Height, Alpha Maps, etc... to put together a nice terrain texture.

My PC is slow, and Shaders WHALLOP the FPS... They look great but... WALLOP. I'd rather take a stab at trying to accomplish similiar things without that particular frame Rate Robbing - though I LOVE the look of them Shaders Boy!

I'm making headway though - and considering I just got the hang of dynamically making a mesh, and object, limbs, and got culling working, this is a valuable exercise success or fail - as I'm constantly running into new things to learn, new math problems to ask about, learn from, try to implement... and eventually understand etc....

One Nice thing about this "non-realtime" approach is that I am not limited by the number of textures I can use at onetime, nor am I required to have a ton of idividual shaders running, configured for individual pieces of terrain.

So far, the "Shaderless Shader" can do hundreds of textures, each with thier own 3d SPACE "ranges" or "Regions" Rules for Altitude, angles, its pretty good that way. I can have a COMPLEX rocky area, dirt areas... each made up of tons of textures... its like those CG movie places - there is "basic drawing... getting it to look ok... then you do the REAL RENDER... Better go get some coffee... but when it finishes - it looks cool!

So.. Yeah... I'm Writing a Shaderless Shader!

tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 10:19
I'm affraid we are a way offtopic, but I'm still curious - what's your video card? For every card newer than GF5200 or Radeon 9500 it turned out that it's faster to do non-basic things using shaders rather than twisting FFP. Of course, YMMV, that's why I'm asking. How do you apply those textures on terrain? Are you baking those textures in offline process to one final which is applied in runtime or what? I want to understand what exactly are you doing as I can't believe you wouldn't be able to do it faster (or the same speed at least) with any graphics card from this millenium
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 14:12
Um - Nvidea FX geForce 5500.

Well, someone said it might be the shader I was testing with from Gandalf - perhaps it could be leaner - but no one else noticed the FPS drop - so I moved on.

Yeah - I'm currently making a texture per limb, and this is done via memblocks and double linked lists.

There are the Canvas' which is what I "Draw" on... one each limb - and then a unlimited list of Source textures... I go through each source texture applying the "Rules" is has... region, alititude, angle, etc.. and plot/average/blend dots accordingly in memory.. then I convert these memblock "Finished Canvas to images and texture the limbs with em.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:20:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:20:17