Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK.h cant be found even if i included it in the option

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone!
I have a problem when I installed DarkGDK. After installing those 3 files, I followed the installation guide and I went in the tools/options and included the two folder for "include" and the "lib" section. I exited VS and when I went back in and tried compiling the Getting started code well the compiler said that it cannot find DarkGDK.h ...What the heck? Is it dumb? Has anyone encountered this problem? Any advice would help a lot! Thanks, ichimeno.
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 18:39
Check out the path again, I would bet on typo, or maybe you added it to wrong section (is it in "header files"?). If the path is ok, check out whether the file is there. There's no magic in there, it will be some minor mistake.
ichimeno
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok i'll recheck. Thanks for your advice!
ichimeno
Comp Guru 910
Years of Service
User Offline
If that doesnt work, go to your DarkGDK folder and find DarkGDK.h and DarkGDK.lib and copy them to this default location
C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 9\VC\lib (DarkGDK.lib)
C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 9\VC\includes (DarkGDK.h)

That should fix the problem. If not.
Open a new solution (Dark GDK- Game)
Then, right click on the project (where it says the name of the solution you created ie. "Dark GDK - Game 1"
Go to properties.
Go to the tree lsit where it says LInkers
Go to input
go to additional dependencies on the right.
Open it up and type
DarkGDK.lib

That should fix your problem
I had the same problem before with Sparkys Collision

typos...
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 22:34
Quote: " go to your DarkGDK folder and find DarkGDK.h and DarkGDK.lib and copy them to this default location
C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 9\VC\lib (DarkGDK.lib)
C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 9\VC\includes (DarkGDK.h)"

That doesn't sound as a good idea to me. He would have to copy ALL headers and libraries, not just these two.

Quote: "...Go to the tree lsit where it says LInkers..."

That's not ideal either. First, he has problems with compiling, not linking, so this wouldn't help. Second, he would have to do this for every single project he is about to make in future.

Comp Guru 910
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats what I have to do with Sparkys DLL

If you dont want to go about doing it that way, I recommend uninstalling darkGDK, and uninstalling directX
Then install DirectX august 2007 edition (nothing newer, I cant get it to work if I do anythng newer)
Then install darkGDK (give it its own folder in the program files directory

tempicek - why would that be a bad idea to copy the librarys and includes? Have you seen the number of librarys and includes in those folders anyways?

typos...
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 10:31
Quote: "tempicek - why would that be a bad idea to copy the librarys and includes? Have you seen the number of librarys and includes in those folders anyways?"

Yes, I have seen it and that's why I complain. But it's generally a bad practice to copy headers and/or libraries to common folders (consider same names, problems with reinstall etc.). I don't mean that it isn't solution, just not an ideal one (imagine copying all headers from all APIs to single common folder - you wouldn't be able to easily configure order in which folders are searched).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:27:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:27:30