Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Main Menu Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've figured out how to create additional options in the main menu, but they are currently just to look pretty. My intentions were to create an option or two that simply 'link' to an image file with an option to return to the main menu.
But I noticed the only current script to return to the main menu is the 'quit game' deal on the ingame menu. So, the question.

Is it possible to change the usual function of "New Game" so that it links to another state, which has a background image and an option to "continue" or what have you, which will activate the true "New game" script?

For example, I've played some online games where the "start" or "new game" buttons will first take you to a page that displays the controls or a brief story, etc, with an option to continue. I tried using an image with a story zone at the start area, but I'm trying to make it come BEFORE the loading screen. Is it possible?
Qwartje
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 23:23
I think You would have to change the source code to do so..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 11:19:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 11:19:26