Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Missing file d3dx9_35.dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey!

I've got a litle problem.. When I try to run any of the sample games which came with the package it complains about missing d3dx9_35.dll file.
I installed the program and I have the direct X which it requires, after little search I also found the d3dx9_35.dll file so it is there. I tried looking for a help from the installation guide, and followed the steps there but it didn't help.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 20:56
Microsoft did a funky thing with a directx dll... they had two versions same filename!! I forget which one. Follow the install guide from start to finish - removing any and all DirectX first before you start... just so you create the correct environment.

If that is to radical - search other posts on this forum as others have had linking errors etc and usually get through them with a tip or two.

tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 21:35
Quote: "Microsoft did a funky thing with a directx dll... they had two versions same filename!!"

Don't know about which library or problem you are talking about, but this one (d3dx9_35.dll) is definitely just one for the target platform, except that there is a 64bit version, but that's not the case.

Quote: "search other posts on this forum as others have had linking errors etc and usually get through them with a tip or two."

This is not a static linking error (a build step). It's a dynamic link problem which pops up when you try to run (in opposite to build) the program.

2Jorma:

This is weird. If you installed the August DX SDK (which you definitely since you said that the mentioned library is on your drive), there should not be such problem. Anyway, I can guess that for some reason (can't tell why) the library is not properly registered. To do that I recommend to do this procedure:

1) Find the dxdllreg_x86.cab package. It should be located in [DXSDKDIR]\Redist\ folder. If such folder doesn't exist, it's probably because you didn't choose "Redist" component to be installed with the DX SDK. In such case reinstall the SDK and choose "Redist" to be installed during the custom setup step.

2) From the metioned package unpack the dxdllreg.exe program. Maybe the file is already unpacked (it used to be in older DX SDKs, not sure how it is in August SDK as I don't use it), that doesn't matter, just find it as you need it.

3) Unpack the d3dx9_35.dll file out of the AUG2007_d3dx9_35_xYY.cab package. The package can be found in the same folder as the package in step (1). The YY in the name denotes 86 or 64 with respent to your platform.

4) Register the dll with this command on command line:
dxdllreg d3dx9_35.dll

I hope I didn't forget anything. After this step the library should be registered. Leave the extracted files where they are.

If this doesn't help, I would try to uninstall DX SDK and install it again. If that doesn't help either, try to install the redist manually (run DXSETUP.exe from [DXSDKDIR]\Redist\).

Hope this will help. Good luck!

//rem
Jorma
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much for the help.. Got it working by running the DXSETUP from the redist folder.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:21:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:21:12