Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer Ports Here!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 21:37
This is a quote from Lee Bamber, one of the FPS Creator programmers!

Quote: "The port issue is a tough one and many users are tripped up by what can amount to many levels of firewall protection on the host or joining computers. I can assure you it absolutely does work, you just have to configure it properly. First make sure your HOST machine is directly connected to the internet (a direct physical connection to the modem), and this HOST machine must all inbound and outbound traffic for the arena executable on UDP port 2303. Joiner machines do not have to be connected directly to their modem, but just open up the firewall to allow traffic for the executable AND ALSO set the inbound and outbound UDP port 2303 to allow all data to pass. Although risky and at your own peril, you can switch off the firewall quickly to see if it is the firewall causing the problem. Also, routers also have their OWN firewalls, and these routers must also be configured to open up the above mentioned port, and allow the arena executable to communicate. If you manage some success here, let me know and also post on the forum your experiences to help others who share your difficulties, thanks J

Best Regards,
Lee.
"

Hope you like the information on the ports!
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 03:23
You have good intentions, but this has been covered several times.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 07:18
Quote: "You have good intentions, but this has been covered several times."

Several million times.

And I do not recommend removing the router between the machine and the modem.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Alden Pease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 21:32
Talk to lee about the router, and I searched the forums (not just this one) and I could not find anything about what ports to forward. All I found were outdated links and people that said they new it but didn't want to tell it.
Alden Pease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 21:40
AND, I have made a multiplayer game and have distributed to other people. Thay all see the game in the lobby but when they join it says to them "Waiting to Join" and I can't get it to work. Also, it keeps saying my IP Address is fe80.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 11:28:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 11:28:43