Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Anyone else as disappointed as I am about the speed of an X9 update?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 01:03 Edited at: 4th Jan 2008 01:04
I am really disappointed about the speed of an X9 update. We were told once X10 was released X9 wouldn't get neglected, but it sure feels that way. TGC should have released a new update at the same time as X10's release date and therefore they would have kept everyone happy. What's worse is that the current newsletter doesn't seem to give us any new information, so I just hope that the update hasn't been put at the back of TGC's mind. What's the point of having a FPS Creator: What's Next? thread if we are getting no feedback from it?

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 02:12 Edited at: 4th Jan 2008 02:13
Quote: "muggins majik"
you should realise something. From now on, FPSC will be in a "tug of war" state for updates. X10 people will want updates too, and as X10 is the new ship in TGC's harbor they SHOULD take their time updating it etc. If you read the newsletter Lee is working on a multilanguage version of X10. Lee has told us all that the end of january is FPSC x9 camp, so before the camp is held- don't expect any word. Their busy. Are they neglecting you? No- their serving someone else right now, but they WILL get to your number.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 02:51
does Spiderman save 50 people all around the city at once? ( if they are all facing individual threats )he does his best to save everyone as soon as possible, same with TGC. they are trying to get to everyone as fast as they can

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "does Spiderman save 50 people all around the city at once?"

thats why we make difrent levels to save framerate , make one city block make one robber, steady framerate

Check out gang- the gangster fps
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, that may all be so, but it would be nice for TGC to have more input on these forums. Their lack of communication has been an ongoing problem throughout FPSC's existence. Anyway, we will see what January will bring!
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 14:37 Edited at: 4th Jan 2008 14:40
I also feel very disappointed in TGC at the moment. FPS Creator has been out what over 5 years now, still no vehicles, are they even trying. I feel that maybe they shouldnt have just gone along and made X10 until some more things that are wanted in x9 are filled.

I do see what you mean on that they cant help everybody at once and now that X10 came out it will be even longer, well thats where I think they dug themselves into a deeper hole. Now you have the wants of X9 and the wants of X10, when those wants are not filled people tend to get a little angry and tired of waiting. Now me myself have had the program for about 2 years now and yes of course I havent had one of the things I wanted in any of the updates besides hands. Im not even going to go through all the things I want.

As for X10, I dont think TGC was ready to send it out and now they are going to be a little disappointed in the feedback as you can already see in the X10 threads. There is some things they just put in it half finished, and I dont really feel that they spent alot of time on it. They should have waited a little bit longer to release the product and put a little more work into it.

I know that TGC has read all the wish lists and read the forums, but seriously it seems like they put the stuff in the updates that we didn't even ask for. They just ignore the real stuff and don't even care what their own customers have to say.

As a U.S. citizen and a TGC customer,this was just my input and my feelings towards TGC and their products, I have freedom of speach and because of that I should not be noob-slapped or banned. You can bash me all you want it doesn't even bother me. Actually I find it quite funny.

Robert F.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 16:33
@Corky: For over 5 years? You must've hit the wrong number, dude.
Also, what difference does it make if you're a US citizen? It wasn't really neccesary to note that, we have freedom of speech in sweden too but I don't find it neccesry to mention that.

Anyhow, it feels like we've been waiting for too long for an update, but when it comes to mind, I actually find myself understanding that it isn't easy for one guy to code two great engines like these simultaneously. As long as the features promised arrive and do arrive on time, I'm happy.
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 00:35
TGC is a U.K. company, your freedom of speech only applies in the U.S.A

The best things in life are edible.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 01:08
Quote: "TGC is a U.K. company"

God bless Great Britain.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep. So in these forums there is no such thing as freedom of speech.MUHAHAHA! And to the question of the thread...
STOP COMPLAINING! Don't like the speed of the update get used to it I'm not complaining! You wait for Christmas, Easter, Hanuka etc... And you can't for a update. Lee Bamber and the rest of tgc are working their asses off for you, and you still complain they give you FPSC x10 which took most of their valuble time with their life and still you complain.

muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 01:43 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 01:50
Quote: "You wait for Christmas, Easter, Hanuka etc... "

Yes, but we know the dates when they will happen.

Besides, it’s bad customer service to leave your customers hanging on indefinitely. All we really need is a little more communication directly from TGC, rather than from people who know as much as we do answering for them.

Quote: "they give you FPSC x10 which took most of their valuble time with their life and still you complain."

As for X10 it’s only relevant to the customers who are interested in (or can run) that version of the engine.
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 01:55 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 01:56
to tell you the truth, i have a very small wish list and i have a little something called patience. and dont say something like " oh you're a noob, of course you're not into all the things with us yet" or some crap like that. that really doesnt matter, noobs are people new to the program, not new to the world, so i stand up for all my noobs and say: "Quit your stupid complaining and be happy they gave you what you have now! you're lucky they even cared enough about you to make fpsc in the first place. they are working as hard as they can, and even if they take a break they deserve it, look how muchh they've done. good things come in time, and time comes into good things. so i would be patient if i were you and let them do their thang."i think i've made my point. i agree with deathhead and honestly think they have done decently well. dont diss TGC and fpsc until we see you do something better.

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Muggins Majik:
Quote: "Besides, it’s bad customer service to leave your customers hanging on indefinitely. All we really need is a little more communication directly from TGC, rather than from people who know as much as we do answering for them."

Its not bad customer service because they didn't promise a update straight away from after the release of X10. They said they will release a update after FPSC x10 is DONE. And of-course after a goddamn hard few months of modelling and coding they deserve a goddamn rest.
And I'm sorry to god for the blasphemy I will use in this thread.
Quote: "As for X10 it’s only relevant to the customers who are interested in (or can run) that version of the engine. "

Jesus Christ Muggins, They made the program wasting their valuble time up and do you think they really want to bloody code this stupid update? They have FPSCX10 to worry about now! FPSC will always have these long updates now so I would either get used to it or just go to another software if you care about the update that much.
And do you think the mods actually appreciate these stupid "I WANT THE STUPID UPDATE NOW!" Threads? No they most definately hate these type of threads what you got to remember(To everybody who wants this update) that these are real people who are making these updates for you they are not code monkeys who obbide by our choices.

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 03:26 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 03:40
About the US Thing, I didnt know if it was in different countries or not.

What do you mean TGC is working their asses off for me, I didnt ask for X10, I didnt ask for Dark lights and I didnt ask for any other thing thats in the updates, like I said it seems to me that they just put stuff in that they think is a good add, but they dont pay attention to the big things. You know like directional lights, vehicles etc. I know that you can get programs for that stuff but I would like it to just be in an update, even if you have to pay for it.

Im not trying to trying to bash them, im just trying to get a message across and prove my point, so im sorry if I have hurt you in any way.

If I could make something better I would. Your right maybe I should just give them a rest, but just probably in 1 year graphics will look better and better. Right now FPS Creator outside this community is crap. Nobody likes it, just look at the scores on CoC on Ign and the other websites, 4/10, 4.5/10, scores like are pretty bad. Im about ready to just give up with the program. I know somebody's going to come out and say: you paid for what you get, yes thats right but say you buy a computer that only lets you on the internet, but if you updated it you could do everything a normal computer would do. Would you buy that computer and never update it, even know the updates are free. No I dont think so. Its just like FPSC I dint buy it just so I could have V1, I seen that there were updates so I said well ok it has some new stuff and there is extra model packs. Well now those Updates are old and all of that is in every game now. The only thing is every game just about has the stuff we want to. Its the same stuff we have been wanting for a long time.

Like I said im not trying to hurt anyone or bash anyone im just trying to get a point across.

Robert F

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 03:37
All I want is an update to fix known bugs... Everything else vehicles etc. shouldn't even be thought about until we have a stable engine...

[center]
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 03:40
Don't work Lee to death! We need him.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 04:48
Please dont post offensively. I have already taken action to curtail it before this thread gets any worse. Be careful what you post please. Thank you.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say now?"
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 05:00
Quote: "I didnt know if it was in different countries or not."

I don't think so, but I think you should speak your mind with in reason.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 05:06
Quote: "Everything else vehicles etc. shouldn't even be thought about until we have a stable engine..."

I agree.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 05:46
Quote: "I have freedom of speach "

Yes, and the freedom to not own a dictionary as well.

Seriously... the people who complain the most are the people who've released the fewest games (or no games whatsoever). I can tell you from personal experience, when I'm trying to release new games and someone starts hounding me via email for an update to an existing product, it drives me insane... I'm doing the best I can do with the time I have, you know? I don't have millions of dollars to hire on more staff than we already have, and if we don't release the games we've promised on time, guess what? People will stop coming to our forums and/ or will get angry at that. So I do my best to balance out my time. I can tell you from my own experience that Lee and the gang are doing the same thing. Updates will come... just be patient! And if the bugs in FPSC drive you THAT crazy, here's an idea for you! Buy DarkBASIC Professional, download the source code for the engine, and fix the bugs yourself! I guess that's just crazy talk though

muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 05:59 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 06:02
Your answers are strange Deathead, why would they make something that wastes their time? You seem to praise and insult TGC at the same time. Don't forget they are a money making company, I'm sure some of their decisions are for artistic reasons, but others are undoubtedly business related. Like Corky, I never asked for X10 (and I'm not insulting those who did), but all I want is some of X9's basic functions like waypoints to work properly. Certainly I would like new features like water, an inventory and vehicles, but stability needs to come first - Even FredP (a mod!) agrees. Customers have a right to give feedback on a product and that's all this thread is and is not an attack at FPSC or TGC as a whole. Anyway, as I've already said we will see what the end of January brings!
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 07:39 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 07:40
@matt rock
Quote: "the people who complain the most are the people who've released the fewest games (or no games whatsoever). "

I'm not complaining... I haven't released any games yet, but I've been on the forums long enough to know what is going on. But I know what you mean.

@muggins majik, I have to go with Deathead on this one. Maybe you just read his post wrong, because what I got from it was that TGC are people who have lives. They don't want to sit around coding updates for their products. They will release them when they feel it is ready to be released. In the mean time, grab custom media and work in the current version, instead of continually waiting until perfection is released.

[url=http://gunn3rgames.zxq.net]
[/url]
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 08:29 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 08:33
@gunn3r

What do you mean when they feel it is ready. I mean we are the customers right. TGC wants to make us as the customers happy(so they say), so why would they release it when they feel its ready.

@Matt Rock

I dont agree with you, why--- because nobody is complaining here at all, like I said im not here to bash anybody or complain about anything. Im just letting you know that im getting a little angry.

@Thraxas

Yes, I do agree with you on that, but even the stuff to make the engine stable hasent come out yet and TGC has no plans to do so. Do you see what I mean. It just seems like they dont care.

As a business, they want customers to be happy, or they want money(if thats all they want, then im leaving). For customers to be happy, the business should create or find a way to make them happy. Right now TGC is not completing that goal, and people(like me)are getting disappointed and a little angry, im also starting to lose interest in FPS Creator because of it. Instead of finding a good way of making us happy(listing to our requests) they try to make a new program that also has bugs. So now they have pretty much dug themselves into a deep hole and it will be a fight to get out.

I guess you could say making a newer program(X10) would be better for the long run and it would but it fails to have the new features that other games have, and plus most of us wont be here for the long run, I probably only have a few years left on here and I really want to see this stuff come to life.

Thats just my part in this, agree with me or not it doesn't matter.

Robert F

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 08:59
@muggins majik,

Greetings. Yep, I share many of your thoughts, feelings, and sentiments.

Had a post or two, where I expressed my thoughts, regarding TGC. Been there. Done that. I won't repeat myself.

The reality is that FPSC x10 is the new shiny toy, and it will get 98% of the attention. We have to live with that.

To be fair, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Simon released the FPSC Commando with hands, and has indicated that he'll work on getting more of the stock weapons fitted as such.

Some effort is being made to try to settle the restless natives.

Remember, although your words seem to fall upon deaf ears, we can always vote with our wallet.

Thanks,

Seth Black

Widow 13 - Coming Spring 2008
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 12:32
*sigh*

Yet another person who seems to think that vehicles and the coding behind them come out of thin air.

Look, I've spoken with Urlforce about making vehicle code for X9... although I am more than capable of coding vehicles here's the reasons I DIDN'T want to do it:

1) Where do vehicles belong? Outdoors!
2) FPSC has lots of troubles with outdoors levels that are even WORTHY of having vehicles driving around them. By "worthy", I mean bumpy hilly terrain that is wide-open for you to roam around in. That's not even including the drastic lag that's caused by having ENEMIES out there!
3) The physics used in FPSC wouldn't be able to handle the terrain (if anyone were to make some) correctly with the vehicle models.
4) Everyone's going to be like "I don't like the controls for this vehicle", and never even stop to realise that different vehicles may require different controls! (I.E. Tanks, Buggies, Trucks, Turrets, etc.) We would have to allow the player to completely and customly alter the control scheme for EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE that we implement!
5) If the PLAYER gets to use a vehicle, then by god, so should the enemies! That would require scripting AI way beyond anything the FPSC forum has ever seen. And that would lead to completely altering or adding tons of new scripting commands to simply deal with vehicles!

If someone wants to sit down and code 'till Armageddon take us all, then so be it. Just know the kind of trouble you'll be running into ahead of time.

Get off TGC about vehicles, okay? You have no clue what you're talking about or what that would mean for them. If they decided to put them in after all, we'll be waiting a LOT longer than a couple months to get them, and you'll be complaining even more in anticipation.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Dude, I'd rather be declared a dbpro noob than an fpsc legend any day!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 12:48 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 12:48
@ Deathead

I'm upholding Muggins idea here, i would't care if TGC announced that V1.08 wouldn't be out until 29th September, at least i'd know when to get it and if i'll be half way through a game before i have to update.......

@Chees hed

You payed £30/$50 for FPSC, I payed £30 for fpsc, the whole forum did.

Quote: "they even cared enough about you "

I take it you never did business studies?

I'm not flaming TGC, i'm just saying, they got all of our £30 or $50, whatever side of the pond you're on, so what's with Chees Hed acting as if they gave a freebie from the core of their hearts to us?

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 15:49
I must admit, I'm just sitting by my phone waiting for TGC to call with an update for X9. I; like all others, would prefer an update sooner or later. But just be patient. I don't like having to wait. But I'm not going to complain about it. Bare in mind there's only a couple of programmers up at their skyscraper headquarters. To meet your demands would be illogical and coffee-consuming.

my blog!
Latest post: You are ranked 70,454th in the leaderboard. Try again?
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "*sigh*

Yet another person who seems to think that vehicles and the coding behind them come out of thin air.

Look, I've spoken with Urlforce about making vehicle code for X9... although I am more than capable of coding vehicles here's the reasons I DIDN'T want to do it:

1) Where do vehicles belong? Outdoors!
2) FPSC has lots of troubles with outdoors levels that are even WORTHY of having vehicles driving around them. By "worthy", I mean bumpy hilly terrain that is wide-open for you to roam around in. That's not even including the drastic lag that's caused by having ENEMIES out there!
3) The physics used in FPSC wouldn't be able to handle the terrain (if anyone were to make some) correctly with the vehicle models.
4) Everyone's going to be like "I don't like the controls for this vehicle", and never even stop to realise that different vehicles may require different controls! (I.E. Tanks, Buggies, Trucks, Turrets, etc.) We would have to allow the player to completely and customly alter the control scheme for EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE that we implement!
5) If the PLAYER gets to use a vehicle, then by god, so should the enemies! That would require scripting AI way beyond anything the FPSC forum has ever seen. And that would lead to completely altering or adding tons of new scripting commands to simply deal with vehicles!

If someone wants to sit down and code 'till Armageddon take us all, then so be it. Just know the kind of trouble you'll be running into ahead of time.

Get off TGC about vehicles, okay? You have no clue what you're talking about or what that would mean for them. If they decided to put them in after all, we'll be waiting a LOT longer than a couple months to get them, and you'll be complaining even more in anticipation.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~"

This is true. Look people- if you want an update ie (pony for josie, a soldier for ben) then you are going to have to get over the fact your special little update will not happen. When I code- I add in what I think is the best for everybody. If you want something, don't waste your time, get up off your chair and buy DBPRO and edit it. OMG DBPRO=work ! Im sorry kiddies, but if your going to moan all day about not getting X then you should stop wasting your time and edit the source yourself.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 20:15
Quote: "i'm just saying, they got all of our £30 or $50"

yes they did but that was for the packaged product. Anything else i.e. updates really is
Quote: "a freebie from the core of their hearts to us"
when you read the box(flawwed as some of them are) or website there was no mention of all the features that everybody wants added after
Quote: "they got all of our £30 or $50"
. I think it's awful generous that they give the source for FPSC out just in case people do want to add the features they want. Codeing like all aspects of game creation is work and adding/subtracting code and integrateing features takes time. Would you rather a rushed product that needs fixing after release, or a more complete product that works? X10 is experiencing that right now. Exercise patience, and you will see better results.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 21:32
Quote: "This is true. Look people- if you want an update ie (pony for josie, a soldier for ben) then you are going to have to get over the fact your special little update will not happen. "

I'm not sure what you mean by that but Lee is definitely working on an update for x9.
As far as TGC being generous and releasing the source code unless someone knows where to download a newer version the only one I can find is for v1.
Quote: "Im sorry kiddies, but if your going to moan all day about not getting X then you should stop wasting your time and edit the source yourself.
"

I think this kind of thing should stop immediately.If people are unhappy with the fact they are waiting on an update that is understandable and as long as they remain within the AUP let them blow off some steam or speak their mind.TGC does plan on continuing support for FPSC and I know this for a fact.
For the record I would like the update too.I just have to wait like everybody else.
I expect everybody to respect their fellow forum members.End of story.Everybody knows how to play nice.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 21:48
Quote: "Anyone else as disappointed as I am about the speed of an X9 update?"

No, but I am curious to know the status of that in-game pizza ordering system I asked for.

Best.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 22:04
I'm not disappointed. If you're forever waiting for the next one to come out, you'll never be happy with the one you've got - and wheres the joy in that?

[center]
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 22:50 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 22:57
I feel sorry for you guys. FPSC has been out for over 2 years now and is still plagued by the same issues it was. I'll even let you in on a little secret..... those issues were in the beta also. In case you ever wondered why only a handfull of the numerous beta testers did buy FPSC when it was released, is simply because TGC weren't able to address any of the real issues at that time and they knew that TGC would never fix those issues and they never will.

After 2 years of releases are any of the real issues we're having fixed? No, they're not and they never will. If Lee could have fixed the real issues with FPSC X9 he would have done so years ago, fact is that he can't fix them, so instead he moves on to X10 and so should we..... if you still have the interest and trust to do so.

It's time to move and face it, you been sold a piece of software that is very promising but will never achieve what it was made for due to a number of issues that can't be fixed.

But I most admit that some of you are braver then I am and a lot of the users I knew years ago. Most of them have left this place a long time ago and moved on. I waited as long as I could, but waiting for over 2 years got the best of me and I don't see a point in waiting any longer, especially knowing that every attempt to fix the real issues has failed up to today and it won't be any different with the next update. I just hate to think about all the time lost in waiting for another update that in the end didn't fix the biggies. I've waisted to much time waiting, I just hope you don't do the same. But if you decide to do so, I do wish you good luck with all the waiting!

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 00:30
The multiplayer bugs should be solved. I bought FPSC for MP only.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 01:03
Quote: "I feel sorry for you guys."

Hey, thanks man, I appreciate it, but don't loose any sleep over it. I feel sorry for you. Somehow, you were misled I guess, but I got everything I paid for, and I'm having a great time playing with it.

Best.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 01:20 Edited at: 6th Jan 2008 01:29
Quote: "Hey, thanks man, I appreciate it, but don't loose any sleep over it. I feel sorry for you. Somehow, you were misled I guess, but I got everything I paid for, and I'm having a great time playing with it."

If you've got what you've paid for, I wonder why we need any updates at all if that's the case? I'm assuming you're still using the original V1.0...... otherwise your statement would be untrue.

FPSC can be great fun for sure, but it's sure has it's bugs and shortcommings.

Seeing that you've never released a game with FPSC I guess all you can do with it is play or perhaps FPSC is somehow stopping you from releasing a game? The lack of released games alone clearly shows that something isn't as it should be with FPSC.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 01:27
And hair out-ripping moments too...

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 01:38
Your statement makes no sense. Why would I not welcome any updates and improvements for free? That doesn't mean that the software didn't work as advertised when I bought it, does it? It's just better now, and the improvements are just gravy, and not anything that was promised or owed to me.

Somehow, some people started thinking that they should have got more than they paid for, and that it should be free, and it should be now.

You'll never convince me that you didn't get what you paid for. You either "thought" you were getting something more or different, or in time you decided that you should have got more.

Best.

Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 01:51
@Benjamin A and @xplosys, you definitely love each other
Btw, very interesting posts and both of you have point...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 01:51
Huh?
Are you talking to me?

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 01:53 Edited at: 6th Jan 2008 05:21
@Disturbing 13 - Good points.
Yeah I looked into that, and I cant find any info related to customer support included with the purchase of this product. I checked everywhere I think. Only found this http://www.fpscreator.com/faq_future.html , I was wondering when I first signed up, why users were having to rely on users with Q & A and no visible customer support was being provided on the forums. I kinda hope the Mods here get paid at least.
*just to add to this. All i was meaning that the software could maybe cost more with additional customer support. And I find its good for its price. The way Ive seen it, if it wasnt for users and good documentation, there would be alot of un-answered Q's found here. And it is one thing to work it all out yourself, however due to the amount of problems that occur, I can see why people post. Big thanks to all the users here that help one another anyway.

@xplosys - Me too (pizza thingy).

@Benjamin A - Now I dont know yourself around here, nor do you with me.
However Ive been reading alot recently and I found your posts interesting. And the bus story by Saint Areon put alot into reality.
As I arrived late, Im planning on giving it a try with this software starting last month after that then who knows.

"in videogames you try to get the best graphics with the least amount of processing." -Ingolme
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 02:25
Quote: "Seeing that you've never released a game with FPSC I guess all you can do with it is play or perhaps FPSC is somehow stopping you from releasing a game? The lack of released games alone clearly shows that something isn't as it should be with FPSC"

This is my point, exactly. Where does it say in the sales pitch, or who told you that you could "release" a game with this. If you mean some levels in the showcase, then we see them every day. If you mean mulyi-player levels being played online or people sharing games with their friends like I do, then we see those too. But nowhere, nowhere, did it or does it claim to be able to create professional, commercial, or indy releases.

You "thought" you were getting more than you were. Someone of your age and experience should have known that this was a toy. There were plenty of references to go by. "drag and drop", "no coding required", "12 yrs or older", "$50.00" ???

Hope got the best of you, and when you found out the harsh truth, you took your anger out on TGC instead of taking it as a cheap lesson learned. I really couldn't care less how feel personally about TGC, FPSC, the community, etc. There is no profit, no gain or loss to me either way. It's only your constant bashing of the software and company, your obvious disdain and disreguard for the people here that causes me to respond to you.

Truth be known, I should know better.

Best.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 05:06
*copies and pastes xplosys' post*

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 06:16
LOL

Don't worry about Ben A he's been criticising the engine for a while now using the same old arguments about one bug or another.

There is no such thing as a bug free engine and good designers work around the bugs to make something stand out from the crowd.

If you want a 'big update' from FPSC X9 then invest some money and get FPSC X10. It's not like you haven't got the option for getting a better / more up to date version of the engine.

Lemur v2 should keep X9 users happy and the v1.07 engine source is due to be made public so X9 is very much in the hands of the community now. Don't expect TGC to do everything for you.

Unlike FPSC X9, X10 permits games to be sold commercially until a profit of £5,000 is reached then an additional license is required. This demonstrates TGC are anticipating commercial quality games to be released with their new engine.

FPSC is the best game engine for the bedroom developer in the world. X10 has received support from big players in the gaming industry.

If Ben A was that fed up with the engine why would he continue to post in these forums when he could be using some other amazing engine and those forums instead.

I do agree with the 'wasting your time waiting for something though. That is pointless and you should make use of the v1.07 update already available. Learn some modelling / scripting / animation / texturing. It's not like you can't improve other aspects of your game creation whilst the next update is being worked on.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 08:29
Quote: "Learn some modelling / scripting / animation / texturing. It's not like you can't improve other aspects of your game creation whilst the next update is being worked on. "

I honestly think that statement amongst just about every one makes the most sense. It's very positive and look at it this way- If FPSC never lives up to expectations, you can't say you wasted your time, as the media you make in the waiting period can be used in the next engine that you may/may not choose.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 12:07
Quote: "*copies and pastes Plystire's copy and paste of xplosys' post*"

Taking care of this problem right now.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 00:01 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 00:03
You see, I reckon that this is why TGC made X10: because, quite frankly (and everyone will agree with me) FPS Creator X9 is completely and utterly worthless at creating games worth playing.
Of course, no offence to TGC. The thing that really gets up my nose is that X10 won't work on XP, because X10 really looks like it can make games worth playing. With that 50 enemies in a room thing. Cos' it's not easy to fork out another $2000-$3000 bucks to payfor a Vista.

(Takes really, REALLY deep breath...)

WOOO OOOO WOOO OOOO WOO OO OO OO OO OO
I'm a fan of Doctor Who.....
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 00:16
Quote: "and everyone will agree with me"

nope, I personally dont think X10 is ready unless you want to make games named "WideLoad-the revenge" or "ChubbyChaser"or "Fridge Raider" as its aspect ratio is severely bad making all the flashy features a moot point. It's not ready if you can't trust your models to look like they do in modeler(size wise).

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 01:24
What I would love to see TGC working on for EITHER of the two FPSCs is a way to make beautiful looking outdoor levels with no slowdown.

How can a developer truly be free to be creative in his work unless he is free to choose where his game is going to take place without consequences coming from the development software he is using?

@FredP:

I didn't see anyone say that.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "a way to make beautiful looking outdoor levels with no slowdown"

a good skybox??

Check out gang- the gangster fps

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 11:23:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 11:23:43