Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / i get this error upon trying to do gdk on visual c++

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
dplayx.lib error here it is
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dplayx.lib'
what should i reinstall for this just want to know thank you

i take karate hi-ya! (lol)
Noob number 556
Years of Service
User Offline
I get exactly the same. I am using visual c++ express edition, the latest Dark GDK and Microsoft DirectX SDK November 2007.

Don't even think about reading my posts...
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 17:36
The problem is you are using DirectX SDK November 2007, while you should use August 2007 version. If you want to keep November version also, just download the August one and unpack it to some location. Then configure your Visual Studio to load dibraries and header files from the August version.
FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes indeed , you need the August DirectX SDK.
Noob number 556
Years of Service
User Offline
How would I go about setting up paths for the august Directx SDK?

Don't even think about reading my posts...
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 22:32
Quote: "How would I go about setting up paths for the august Directx SDK?"

First you need to unpack it somewhere (you don't have to install it, actually you should not install it if you want to use November SDK elsewhere). Then open your Visual Studio and there: Tools - Options - Projects & Solutions - VC++ Directories. In this dialog choose "Include files" in the drop down list and add a path to the DXSDK\include folder. Then choose "Library files" in the drop down list and add a new path to DXSDK\lib\x86 folder.

However, if you don't need November SDK, you can do this:
1) uninstall November version
2) fully install the August version
3) set up the paths as I described above
Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 00:31 Edited at: 30th Jan 2008 00:50
I need to have that latest directx version installed. So, I simply placed the DX August dplayx.lib' in the 'Dark GDKLib' directory. It works, but if one where to call any of the multiplayer commands this way, I wouldn't know if it would crash or not. I personally will not use DirectX's DirectPlay related functions for networking functionality so it should be fine this way for me.

It's a shame that one .lib file can cause this problem. I would of simply liked to of rem'd out the "#pragma comment ( lib, "multiplayer.lib" )" line in the DarkSDK.h header file, but doing that it still wants the 'dplayx.lib' file.

Inspirational Music: Descent ][ Redbook Audio CD Soundtrack

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:26:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:26:01