Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / New Program Project Indra

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there, I created a game in dark basic professional several months ago and I wanted some feedback on it. Particularly if there are any problems with it. I know the graphics aren't that good, so there's no point in saying the models suck or anything. But particularly the game play and so forth and if it works. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of feedback from download sites and complete lack of registrations, but I never got any negative feedback either.

The Game is called Project Indra, you can download it from download.com here:

http://www.download.com/Project-Indra/3000-7506_4-10683072.html?tag=lst-1

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

-jeff
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 03:08
Well, first of all, you're right: the models aren't anything special. However, I feel they do the job, unlike the horrible 'skysphere'. I like the mood, feel the collision is slightly off, like the Death sequence, love the initialisation, dislike the sensitivity of the controls, find that there's a lack of variation in NPC's/enemies and dislike the bullets.

In no way, would I pay $5 for this. I would play it if it were free, and congratulate you with a nice concept and an above-average average execution.

That's my feedback.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2008 02:06
collision is more than slightly off. getting near the "blocks" = grief so, i think you should have went with strictly box collision vs what appears to be a polygon collision or multiple boxes. also, the draw distance used (without any fog or alpha fade in, etc) makes things appear right out of thin air = a serious stab at the "submersion" factor. then, when i let myself be overtake by a baddie, and after i was pulled up, it went to the mission screen (white/black "report") and was given choice of restarting or quitting. neither option worked. 1, 2 or any other key would get me "out". had to exit the hard way. (btw, i didn't get to read the report when it first showed (while the enviroment was loading). suggest a "wait key" option once things were loaded so we can move into the game when we want vs as soon as things are loaded up).

overall, the premise is good. the "feel" is more than acceptable (i think hearing my footsteps would have helped, too, or was i floating?). the play itself... well, seeing baddies strafe through solid architecture = bad, to me. and, having to turn and face the opposite direction to get out of a collision bug vs just backing up = twice the frustration.

bottom line: a FPS of the most-basic kind, with work left to do.

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:29:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:29:01