Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 00:38 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 00:39
Just letting you guys know about Crazy Talk. An amazing program that will talk a photo and create an animated talking head!

I took this picture http://images.epilogue.net/users/mcf/demon3.jpg and created this Evil Deamon!

This is ideal for creating talking cut scenes and I'm seriously considering getting it. If I do, would anyone be interested in me creating a talking cut scene for you?

Was going to take a break... But I missed FPSC!
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 00:47 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 15:46
Yeah nice Nickydude. yeah Seth Black mentioned this just the other day in a x10 thread. Looks cool hey. I will be purchasing it, thats for sure.

Nice clip work man. Super cool. Things are heating up!

Edit: sorry Nickydude, got carried away a bit. I'll leave this to email.

"in videogames you try to get the best graphics with the least amount of processing." -Ingolme
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 00:52
It's a little early to tell, but I might need one for my game which hasn't been named yet. Thanks for the offer. The info is on the thread entitled "Nameless Game - You can change that..."

[url=http://gunn3rgames.zxq.net]
[/url]
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 01:11 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 01:15
Honestly, that is one of the best things I have even seen. I loaded this picture and it talked and moved and looks close to real animation. It is the next best thing other than the animation programs. Great find and this should come very useful for developers. I used this picture as a test becasue if it looked good with a barbed wire mouth, it will look good with anything.

Can't wait to add my voices. Nice.

TJ

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 01:16
It's around £96 ($223) so make sure you really need it.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah. I was planing on creating 3d cutscenes with lip-sink. And I know it was going to take me a long time to model every movement. Im aiming at over 100 animated cutscenes, and this price sounds good.

"in videogames you try to get the best graphics with the least amount of processing." -Ingolme
Hardcore
User Banned
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 01:30
Crazy talk is an awesome program, I got it about 6 months ago from real illusion along with Iclone studio. Both programs are great. Iclone is really good for creating movie cut scenes.
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 01:38 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 01:40
Thanks Hardcore. Nice one.

*Edit, dam Hardcore, you just saved me big time!!! That also go's out to Seth and Nickydude. Thanks guys for posting the info.
I hadnt even looked into any of this stuff yet. And now im really amped!

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 04:59 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 05:11
Quote: "...It's around £96 ($223) so make sure you really need it."

...and worth every penny. I use it quite a bit, and it's a huge addition to my arsenal of tools.

@metalkill,

That guy is one ugly cuss! He won't make a good candidate for Crazy Talk, though. His mouth can't be open like that.

For best results, the mouth needs to be in a neutral, relaxed position.

I tried running him through, to surprise you. It looked like crap, because of the mouth issue.

@gunn3r,

I've attached a little something for your viewing!

Get back to me, if you have an interest.

Thanks,

Seth Black

Widow 13 - Coming Spring 2008

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 05:06 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 05:15
@Seth Black, LOL!
EDIT: Email sent.

[/url]
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 05:09 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 05:49
...glad it made your day.

Keep in touch, gunn3r.

I'm pulling the email. Folks can still DL the .avi, if they want to see a quick sample of Crazy Talk in action.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
@Seth Black

It came out OK in Crazy Talk with a bit of tweaking... The barbed make it a bit difficult. Using iclone however, it came out pretty nice... This completes a game pacakage for a developer for sure. This allows some flexability with people that do not have time to model and has some great custom features. I love it and may have to get it. I put my son in Crazy talk last night and added the donkey talking and it was a trip!

TJ

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 22:47
Yes, it is very good. I've been playing around with photos of my family and even at that detail (I've known most of them all my life and am used to their mannerisms) it looked very realistic once some work had gone into it. A very good peice of software, and it's well worth the money I am going to spend on it.

[center]
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 22:56 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 22:57
Quote: "It came out OK in Crazy Talk with a bit of tweaking... The barbed make it a bit difficult.."

Cool. I'm glad that you were able to get it to behave for you. I didn't spend much time with the image, and didn't think it would work well. I guess I was wrong about that.

Talking kids and donkeys are always a treat!

Quote: "Yes, it is very good. I've been playing around with photos of my family and even at that detail (I've known most of them all my life and am used to their mannerisms) it looked very realistic once some work had gone into it. A very good peice of software, and it's well worth the money I am going to spend on it."

...it's definitely worth getting. I use it often...sometimes for clients...sometimes just for personal fun. It's a blast!

Widow 13 will make good use of cut screens, via Crazy Talk.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Cool. I'm glad that you were able to get it to behave for you. I didn't spend much time with the image, and didn't think it would work well. I guess I was wrong about that.

Talking kids and donkeys are always a treat!"

Yea, just loads of fine. I have not messed with iclone 3d stuff yet. Once you get use to the GUI is it easy enough to create a scene with the camera movements.

Also, I have only recorded voice overs in a studio. How does the voice come out in crazy talk when you record with a computer mic? I would render the voice after recorded but is it a good starting base?

So far so good with the trials. I think I have to get it as it will allow me to make a complete game from custom media to cut scenes and out recorded music.

Can't wait to see you games with custom content from these programs. Are there others out there are these two the best for creations with FPSX9 games?

TJ

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 23:08
Quote: "...How does the voice come out in crazy talk when you record with a computer mic? I would render the voice after recorded but is it a good starting base?"

...pretty good. Take a peek at the DL I posted for gunn3r. It was done all in Crazy Talk. That's me speaking.

It's a very handy tool. It'll allow for some real customization, that's for sure.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "...pretty good. Take a peek at the DL I posted for gunn3r. It was done all in Crazy Talk. That's me speaking.

It's a very handy tool. It'll allow for some real customization, that's for sure."

Nice, just looked at it. Looks good. These are a must for game creators that is for sure. Thanks for the info man!

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work Seth Black, just checked the clip. Looks great.
At first I was stunned at a 100mb rar'ed into 3mb. However I see it may be the way crazytalk compress's the clip.
Anyway, 100mb = 10secs. Looks like we may be seeing some games in the Gb in future. Looking forward to it. 500mb/800mb or higher would be standard anyway these days for a final game build it was 8 years or more ago for consoles, now with blue-ray its huge.

Thanks again Nickydude / Seth Black.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2008 02:25
Deca has a point about those small clips. How does everyone but me on the forums (it seems, I know it's probably not just me) know how to compress their video into 2-3MB? Mine always come out as 200 MB. Crazy Talk seems to do this well, but what about FRAPS?

[/url]
some kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2008 01:06
did you do the voice on that link, nikydude?

fools! I'l destroy them alll!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA *cough* *cough*
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2008 08:25
Good news is;

I bought it!

This and Facegen Modellor 3.1 by Singular Inversions make a great team.

[center]
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2008 09:04
Quote: "did you do the voice on that link, nikydude?"

You mean the deamon? Yes I did and it will be part of an audio pack I'll be selling in the not too distant future: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=117544&b=24

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup, i've bought it as well, and I must say, it's an amazing tool!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 11:29:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 11:29:35