Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / grrr, sparky lib help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sense I’m new to the forums, what better way to introduce my self, then starting with a problem.
I’m mostly an artist so programming is really not my nature, but I've done a couple courses on C++ a couple of a years ago, and have been brushing up allot. So, I decide to expand my animations into games. I've spent the last several days, literally, playing with dGDK and seeing how it works.
but I can not get the sparky's collision import examples to compile at all. im using the files from the "sparky's collision now available" thread, the compiler is Microsoft’s free c++ express 2008, its what the main website said to download.
The standard tutorials for dGDK work just fine. And I even have my own project which has been compiling and running just fine.

I added the SC_Collision header to my includes folder and the .lib to my compilers folders and even dled the db version to get the dll file(even though the precompiled exe's work just fine, and I don’t know if the dll is supposed to go someplace specific so I put it in several folders, Microsoft claims that dll will automatically be found, but maybe that’s the issue)

The sparky example cpp files compile (ray test) no errors, and then on debug run complains about debug library not being in binary(or something similar to that)??? I’ve looked every where I can think of to find a tutorial, and tried to make sure this hasn’t been covered in the forum before, but can’t seem to discover what I am doing wrong. any help would be nice.

3Dev
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 15:50
You are missing debug info in the code you are about to debug. Most likely you are compiling using "Release" configuration (check out the combobox on the standard toolbar) and trying to debug that code (using F5). Either compile with Debug config or run without debugging (Ctrl+F5 by default).
FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Project->Properties->Configuration Properties->Linker->Input
On Additional Dependencies put the collision library (.lib) name.
tell me if that fix your problem
Right now im at the job and i have not Sparky DLL
3Dev
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the help tempicek
apparently the sparky library is debug only? at least thats all i can get to work for the moment.
sorry for the late reply.. was playing around with the collision set.

hope you waiting around for me Fersis

thanks again.

3Dev

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:19:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:19:22