Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK and 3D Max 7 ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 12:22
Hi everyone

I was just wondering if it possible to use 3D Max to create models and chuck them into Dark ?

If yes, what sort of format to i have to export them as and if there is any special 'procedure' in exporting it in that format.

Thank you for any replies

- asuris
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 12:28
download the Panda exporter plugin for your version of max, and export to direct x .X files. Altho .3ds files will still load, they are not fully supported, and you will see mixed results.

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
MrSnowman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 18:17
I have used 3ds max 8 with Dark GDK. Yes, get the panda exporter and it works great. Remember to check under options to use left handed coordinate system. In fact, here are the correct exporting options: http://www.fpscreator.com/characterstudio.html

I think that's how you export animation as well to use in Dark GDK, but never imported animation into it yet.
asuris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2008 01:26
Ohh sweet thanks for the replies guys.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:26:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:26:22