Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Wheres all the newbie help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i apologise if 60,000 people have allready asked for newbie help but ive searched for the last 2 hours to no avail.

im realy new to programming, been using visual basic for the past 2 weeks and decided to play with c++ to make some basic games so here i am.

i installed dark gdk and went through all the tutorials it came with and thought way this is realy simple, and then theres no more tutorials, i see people linking to the db pro tutorials but they dont work for dark gdk.

so wheres all the tutorials for beginners for dark gdk?
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 11:52
Quote: "so wheres all the tutorials for beginners for dark gdk?"

You have them once you install DGDK on your machine. In Start->All Programs->[GDK folder]->Tutorials-> here you go. (Or simply open the installation folder and you will find them there too.)
ragrim
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah ive done them ones allready, doesnt realy teach me anough to get started, just a few basics.

im more looking for like a start to finish tutorial for a complete game, even if it is realy basic
Mr G
Years of Service
User Offline
Have to agree with ragrim there.

I think that i know everything i want to know from the tutorials concerning level design. And with the last tutorial "Dark Invaders" some 2d gameplay elements like: score, bonus and kill ect.

Unknown to me is how do i start building a 3D game after the level is designed ? How can one perform collision detection best ? I quess someone must have spend a load of time making it possible but how do i find out how ? There are some commands in a help file that is called "Information" but it is a very general explanation of what a command does. Nobody got a code sample or document that shows the basics ? Something simple like a little room with a character ?

Iemand dood maken met een blije mus.
Mr G
Years of Service
User Offline
This one below here helped me so much !

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100377&b=22

Iemand dood maken met een blije mus.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:22:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:22:06