Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / how to make models/segments etc.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all! I've searched for tuts or resources on how to make player models, item models (like tables, chairs, TV etc.), gates, etc. etc.

Does ANYONE know what programs i could use for these things?? i found a sticky post on 3rd party tools and tried all the free ones, none can do what i'm looking for (or can they??)

like for example... i needed to make more female characters (there's only Aiko) so maybe i could use the same model but make Aiko wear different clothes to make each female char. in game unique?

I need to do the same for male. Thanks!! and sorry if this has been answered before!!
Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 15:38
So, basically you have to retexture them.
Just open the texture (for ex. "aiko_d2.dss") in your graphics editor and see what you can do.

Molten Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
ahh right i see... thats how characters are made....

but umm.... lol it's well a bit weird editing these... u perhaps know of any good tutorials that give tips on retexturing these .dds? I've gotten Adobe Photoshop CS2 but i'm not so good and i'm just stumped on wat i shud do to change her dress....

Thanks!!

P.S. nice sites u got there on ur sig... lol checked them out... they're gonna help me... thanks!!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 18:58
I'm not sure what's to figure out. First, backup the Aiko files, then you can load the textures in Photoshop and just paint over them. It's a UV map, but it should be obvious what the parts are. And I believe that Ice Cube meant to say "aiko_d2.dds" rather than dss. If you use Photoshop, you'll need the Nvidia plugin to save as dds.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 19:00
Well, there's not much we can do for you....

Artistic differences and all that stuff, you know.Just remember that if you release a new texture that it must be a completely different look to the original.

Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 19:07
Thanks Molten Ice!
I think you have to run a google search for Photoshop Tutorials.
They look weird to you may be because these are UV Maps (you may also search for that).

Quote: "Just remember that if you release a new texture that it must be a completely different look to the original."

Yes, but I think he just wants them for his games, so there should be no restrictions for that.

New Please Help
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 10:46
Hey Ice Cube, was looking for terrian and those sites have some I was needing so I thought I'd say thanks. LOL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 11:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 11:27:09