Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 17 Released

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 16:39
This brand new pack includes 30 characters featuring hand-to-hand combat. 30 new animations in all, with custom intro, two separate attacks, walk / run, and stagger animations for added character personality! Characters can also hold "firing" weapons and are fully compatible with existing FPS Creator characters.

To use the characters in melee mode: place the melee characters in your FPS Creator game. Characters will attack when shot, or when the player gets within a certain distance. Some characters like the mummies, only come alive when the player gets very close. Perfect for setting up a scare! Each melee character is designated as slow, fast or slow-fast. This refers to the speed at which the character chases the player. The slow-fast designation means the character will initially chase slowly, but will become angry and then chase the player fast!

To use the characters in standard mode: place the character from the firing weapons folder into your FPS Creator game. They will function exactly as a standard FPS Creator character, and can hold any standard firing weapon.

For more information go to http://www.fpscreator.com/pack17.html
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 16:56 Edited at: 14th Jan 2008 16:59
Thanks Mike!

And for anyone who would like to see a higher resolution video preview of the pack, you can download it here: http://www.hyrumark.com/egyptianpreviewDVD.zip

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 17:08
Fantastic!! This will certainly be on my list. Well done bond.

Was going to take a break... But I missed FPSC!
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 18:14
oh no, this is the worst pack I have ever seen, Im just kidding it looks great. I really like the zombie at the end. Will it work in X9?

<<Xbox also broken pff
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 18:14
these werent here earlier... great! now i will have even less money (when i finally get some)

IT'S FIVE-YEAR MISSION, TO EXPLORE STRANGE NEW WORLDS, TO SEEK OUT NEW LIFE AND NEW CIVILIZATIONS, TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "oh no, this is the worst pack I have ever seen, Im just kidding it looks great. I really like the zombie at the end. Will it work in X9?"

Yes! The video is from X9 in fact.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 18:20
excellent work Mark, congratulations on finishing and releasing the model pack

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 18:23 Edited at: 15th Jan 2008 11:21
Awesome Now I will definitely buy this!

Edit: when I get the money

<<Xbox also broken pff
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 18:26
It owns and it's owned. Thanks.

Best.

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 18:27
I say this is worth more than $20 dollars.

<<Xbox also broken pff
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 19:11
Quote: "TGC Shopping Cart - 1 Items
Item # TGC0748fb90a48d764796d8482168bb60fc50
€16.46 1 €16.46
PayPal Conversion Rate as of Jan. 14, 2008: 1 U.S. Dollar = 0.659479 Euros
$24.96 USD "

...ah yes, our mighty buck.

This is a fantastic model pack, without a doubt!

Thanks,

Seth Black

Widow 13 - Coming Spring 2008
Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 19:33 Edited at: 14th Jan 2008 19:47
Quote: "This is a fantastic model pack, without a doubt!"

It's the best one so far! Waiting for my download...

EDIT: Wow, that was fast. Thanks TGC!

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Congrats on another great pack bond, I usually don't buy the model packs, but I might just buy this one!

Razorback
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 21:37
Wow. Looks incredible! Love the mummy.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 21:52
Purchased , and waiting to download this excelent pack.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 01:32
Does this support X10 yet?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Does this support X10 yet?"

Ahhh...unfortunately, not yet. The X10 version will have to wait a bit longer until Lee makes the melee scripts compatible with X10. Of course, the X10 version will be free to everyone who has already purchased this X9 version of the pack. The X10 version will also have all the proper normal and specular maps for that extra visual punch. But even this X9 version doesn't look too shabby, if I do say so myself.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 02:04
...looks really great.

Widow 13 - Coming Spring 2008
Cornett Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 02:14
Quote: "But even this X9 version doesn't look too shabby, if I do say so myself."

Dude, your MP4 content was 'not too shabby'. This new model pack makes MP4 look like it was created on a 486! I'm not even doing an Egyptian-themed game and can come up with a few ideas to use for this pack!

Gemstone Games is now Cornett Media
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 02:39
Quote: "Ahhh...unfortunately, not yet. The X10 version will have to wait a bit longer until Lee makes the melee scripts compatible with X10. Of course, the X10 version will be free to everyone who has already purchased this X9 version of the pack. The X10 version will also have all the proper normal and specular maps for that extra visual punch. But even this X9 version doesn't look too shabby, if I do say so myself."

I don't mine waiting for these

I'll probably grab this and DarkEgypt at the same time the moment they become X10 compatible. Still waiting on the older packs, but I'm having plently of fun just messing with ragdolls and water.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 03:45 Edited at: 15th Jan 2008 03:47
Bond1 - You spoil us, these character look and respond great. Thank you they will be perfect with MP8.

Seth - Be sure to change the currency to US on the first order screen (shopping basket) on the top and then you will get the 19.99 price.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 04:59 Edited at: 15th Jan 2008 05:01
Recieved today. This pack with its scripting,animation and graphic detail pushes x9 into an even more complete state. the reaction/damage timeing is so exact; this pack is a major leap forward for FPSCx9. My hat's off to you bond1.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks D13! And you can bet I'll be trying to push things even further down the road.

muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Great to see some historical characters and some females that aren't in modern Mini-Skirts!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 09:53
Wow... they look incredible... I wasn't going to get the egypt pack but now I might have to... superb stuff

[center]
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 13:40 Edited at: 15th Jan 2008 13:40
*sigh* It seems a4productionz is still at it. I've just received the following email:

Quote: "Hey I was just wondering if you wanna trade model pack 17, for any of the other packs. I have sprite pack, FPS Creator model pack 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,Gravematter, Signs IV, Accodes menu maker, Accodes Jet Pack, Accodes, Tree, Train, And road packs. So please get back to me if you wanna trade. Thanks again... A4
"

I very much doubt he purchased any of them

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the heads up, apparently you're not the first he's been trying to get this pack from. He doesn't waste any time!

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 19:54
He emailed me also a while back....
i just said: "Ahhh, okey...of course i will for you." or something like that.
(remember...i didnt traded anything)

I'll buy this pack as soon as possible!
This is seriously looking great! and have ideas for them to use in a game!
Again bond1 you have done a outstanding job!

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 23:00
yup got my A4 email this morning and sent out my "eff off" one back. I don't know why he would think I'de be intrested in tradeing packs, as he's probbably pirateing the packs I sold him as well or will be after the letter I sent him. I suggest every one block him.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 01:09
I got the same message. Course now it lives in the spam box (or more accuratley nowhere)

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 23:53 Edited at: 20th Jan 2008 00:40
Thanks Bond!
I've been waiting and waiting for this, and then I am five days late finding it.
Somehow, I overlooked it in the stickies. I'm going to get it now.
Once again, excellent work.

Thanks!

Quote: "I say this is worth more than $20 dollars."

I agree. I think it is worth 50% to 100% more at least.
At $30 you would be getting each character for $5 with 5 textures!
These characters are worth more than the $5 each, far more, but thanks to TGC (& Bond) for making them affordable for us.

Quote: "Bond1 - You spoil us, these character look and respond great. Thank you they will be perfect with MP8."

I agree. It will be hard to find a better deal anywhere, if not impossible. I can't imagine wanting to have one without the other.

Quote: "Seth - Be sure to change the currency to US on the first order screen (shopping basket) on the top and then you will get the 19.99 price. "

I concur. Change the currency and you pay the $19.99 US and not PayPal conversion rate. It worked for me.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Conjured. I wasn't sure how popular an Egyptian character pack would be, since it's not a usual FPS genre. So I'm glad people are enjoying it.

And I really think that this pack along with Model Pack 8 Dark Egypt is the best 2 pack combo you can buy. That is, if you're looking to make a full fledged game with just 2 packs. There is A LOT of stuff in Dark Egypt pack, and since these characters can be used as both melee and with guns, there is a lot of flexibility there.

Thanks again everyone.

Cornett Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 07:14 Edited at: 20th Jan 2008 07:20
Quote: "*sigh* It seems a4productionz is still at it. I've just received the following email:

Quote: "Hey I was just wondering if you wanna trade model pack 17, for any of the other packs. I have sprite pack, FPS Creator model pack 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,Gravematter, Signs IV, Accodes menu maker, Accodes Jet Pack, Accodes, Tree, Train, And road packs. So please get back to me if you wanna trade. Thanks again... A4
"

I very much doubt he purchased any of them "

Same thing I got. Soon as I got the email, I forwarded straight to Bond to let him know, and I told him the same thing I'm saying now--if I want any of the model packs, I'll buy them legitimately before I contribute to piracy, and right now, MPs 3, 6, 7, and 8 are the only other ones that I'm even considering looking at.

Here's the thing I don't get, though--how bad off do you have to be where you can't even afford twenty bucks to get what basically amounts to sixty characters? Thirty melee and thirty firing...divided up, that's a buck for every three characters! That's a steal compared to some of the media packs for the other engines you could use! And he's trying to offer pack trades?

Bond, actually this helps one of my GIDs (game-in-development) very much; the protagonist happens to be a born vampire from ancient Egypt, and the way I'm planning this game, these models couldn't have come at a better time.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 14:02 Edited at: 20th Jan 2008 14:02
Quote: "Thanks Conjured. I wasn't sure how popular an Egyptian character pack would be, since it's not a usual FPS genre. So I'm glad people are enjoying it.

And I really think that this pack along with Model Pack 8 Dark Egypt is the best 2 pack combo you can buy. That is, if you're looking to make a full fledged game with just 2 packs. There is A LOT of stuff in Dark Egypt pack, and since these characters can be used as both melee and with guns, there is a lot of flexibility there."

If you add Cheese Cake's free tomb pack I defy anyone not to make an Indiana Croft type game http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100489&b=24

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 16:25 Edited at: 20th Jan 2008 16:28
Quote: "how bad off do you have to be where you can't even afford twenty bucks to get what basically amounts to sixty characters?"

You're looking at this from the wrong perspective. You're assuming that it's a lack of money that makes him what he is. I contend that it's what he is that creates his lack of money, and that he would still try to steal it if he had enough to buy it.

Also, and back on topic, the pack is great and the animations are the best I've seen to date. The pack is somewhat limiting in areas of use, but with pack 8 will make a great combination. Hopefully, you will consider a more generic type of pack for your next one. Excellent work. Thank you.

Best.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 16:34
Hopefully it will be horror characters, we've had everything else! lol!

Cornett Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 08:12
Quote: "You're looking at this from the wrong perspective. You're assuming that it's a lack of money that makes him what he is. I contend that it's what he is that creates his lack of money, and that he would still try to steal it if he had enough to buy it."

Actually I got an email yesterday as to why he's doing it this way, but his logic still doesn't make it right. The language he used didn't help his case any.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 09:06
Me too

mikeyh
Years of Service
User Offline
I got an email as well, grrrr.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 08:54
Quote: "Thirty melee and thirty firing..."

Yeah I hadn't even figured in for the double set since they guns and melee.

Check this out, I crashed their party....

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Attachments

Login to view attachments
OTS Software I
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 19:26
Will model pack 17 work for X10 yet?

http://www.OTSsoftware.com
http://www.OTSarcade.com
http://www.HappySpecialDay.com
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 21:06 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 21:07
Was the thing fix about Anubis appearing in mid air? As I'm having that trouble.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 23:03 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 23:07
Quote: "Was the thing fix about Anubis appearing in mid air? As I'm having that trouble"

Two ways to fix this:

1)Turn off shader effects, he only "floats" with shader effects on.

or..

2)Open up his .fpe file, scroll down to "anim1", and change the frame numbers back to 210,234. This will enable you to use him with shader effects on, but his idle pose will be different. It's a wierd bug with shader effects I know, for some reason FPSC only likes the default idle animation when shader effects are on.

EDIT: I still don't know exactly when these will work in X10, it's the X9 melee scripts that are the compatibility problem. I guess I'll just have to see what's in store for X10 as far as melee goes.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 23:15
...ah ha! I knew I wasn't going crazy.

Thanks for the fix info.

Widow 13 - ©2008 Harsh Games, Inc
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 23:31
Yeah, thanks for the info.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 23:37
Turning shaders off did the trick (weird), now sometimes they slide across the floor instead of running, only sometimes mind you. Any ideas on this Bond?

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 00:07
Is the floor slippery?

[center]
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 00:24