Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Wow, GameSpace 1.6

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
While I am just now beginning to get the feel of Dark_GDK I thought that I would mention a few good words about a 3D graphics product since there is not a specific area for it. I just recieved GameSpace_1.6 today. Definitely a hot item for the $175_u.s. I tried out several of the other 3D graphics for the .X characters. Out of all of them GameSpace was the most stable on my machine with XPpro. GameSpace was extremely easy for me to figure out the basics. While the light version was very nice the full version does have other features especially with import and export of the different file formats. By ordering it through thegamecreators site I also recieved quite a few very large files for training in the usage of the software.

GameSpace is going to ROCK for the character animation and creation. Just messing with it for a few hours it is a pretty awsome tool. I am a hard core 3DStudio user. Clear back in the days of MSDOS_6.2 with Windows_3.1. Does anybody remember those days??? I used 3DStudioR4C1 which only required MSDOS but it came with a windows icon and you could design some simple scripting that on double clicking you would auto exit Win3.1 and go into MSDOS and then it would auto load 3DStudioR4C1. On exit from 3DStudioR4C1 MSDOS would auto load Win3.1. Many of us also used a product called Norton Desktop that made Win3.1 look and function somewhat like the MAC GUI did back then. You also had to use special VibrantDrivers for each specific video card within 3DStudioR4C1. I still have nearly every single IPAS which were 3rd party plugins for 3DStudioR4C1. Back then 64 megs of RAM would cost you $3200_u.s. Awe ComeOn, does anybody remember those days??? If I get a chance one of these days when I need a break from coding I am going set up the old system again and give it to my 6 year old son to play with. Owe, I need to find a small desktop case with an AT footprintto set it all up again. Even today I would consider it to be a very nice 3D item especially with all of the IPAS that I have for it even it if is only a 16bit style Dos program.

Right now I have been using an older version of 3DStudioMax with a very large number of pricey Plugins. Lots of bucks there so I have not had the moneys to upgrade. All registered owners of 3DStudioR4C1 got a full version of 3DSMax_1.2 for $500u.s. and the origional price was $2500.00. Importing and exporting files back and forth between 3DSMax1.2 and GameStudio1.6 are a breeze. I can save an X file that is loaded in GameStudio as a .DXF file then import it into 3DSMax1.2 with ease. This also works for a cool windows program I have called SculptorPro. I was a beta tester for the windows version and a registered user of the 3DStudioR4C1 version. Oddly 4DVision seems to have vanished from the 3D world. SculptorPro is a very nice stand alone nurbs modeling tool.

Well, for the current $175_u.s. pricetag GameSpace is a bargain for all who want to make the 3D games. Just at a quick glance I would say of you have MSVC++2008Ex, MSDX_SDK_Aug2007, Dark GDK, all Dark GDK plugins, Dark Matter 2 and 3, GameSpace1.6, 3D World Studio, T.ED, and also Adobe Photoshop would help you out quite a bit then you are set up very well. I have SoundProbe2.69 and Cakewalk9.01 for my audio and sound effects.

I am just blabbering on here, I better get back to the GameSpace Couse Tutorials.

Later On,

CrypticDragon

You know for a fact that you have reached the edge when you can absolutely see sound!
bushido
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol windows 3.1 i still have one ms dos i still use sometimes but im 15 so ive been using the pc hammie downs and windows xp those are the days remember doom? ah good times good times. So yes i do remember windows 3.1 and ms DOS lo

Real men don't need sigs

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:22:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:22:44