Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / The Ulitmate Dark Gdk Guide!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 19:01 Edited at: 18th Jan 2008 19:02
I have noticed many questions repeated on the form so here is a guide from a semi noob to a uber noob! (No offence) Here is how you build a terrain the correct way!

That is a Terrain now i bet many of you want to know how to load a image but you can't!!!!
Here you go save your folder of your game on your desktop Important build it and debug it first!!! Put image before the debug and after the first folder! now heres another thing heres code to correctly place a image to show watch!

Okay you should get your image!!!
Okay next how do i move camera using a joystick or a keyboard!!!
heres for joystick

for a keyboard

Music

Thats basically the lot you need to know thanks TempiceK i could not have done anything without him credits to him tell me if you need more!

Real men don't need sigs
John Goewert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 23:31
So, being the ultimate guide. Where is the section on 2d, input, networking, etc?

Using DGDK since 01/01/2008
Blah - http://www.john.goewert.org
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 23:53
Quote: "dbLoadObject("your image",1);"

Just wanted to say that dbLoadObject() will load a 3D object, not an image. You also made the same mistake in my terrain thread I believe.. this isn't an attack on it, is it?

Your signature has been erased by a mod
bushido
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 01:28 Edited at: 19th Jan 2008 01:31
no actually its not and i was just trying to help people new people basically john stop being a smart aleck no offense

Real men don't need sigs

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:29:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:29:26