Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Lightmap Generator Beta

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 00:09
Here it is. The beta of my lightmap editor. I only have 1 example for now, and will add more later. It's very important that you read the help file, especially the part about the limitations, because that can cause some trouble.

I hope many are willing to try it for me, so you can find bugs for me and I can fix them . I also hope you can show me some nice results.

I already planned to make some changes before the final release for this. Now everything is smooth shaded, but I want to add an autosmooth setting where you can set the degrees of smoothing. And I also thought of one bug with the creation of the overlay object which I hope you won't encouter, but that will be fixed before the final release. There will also be at least one more example ready for the final release.

So plz try this and send any bugs you find to paradiseforall@hotmail.com or just post them here and I will read them.

http://www.realgametools.net/forums/attachments/editor.exe

Kevil
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 00:31
Cool , i dont have time to try it out properly till the weekend cos i got alevel c/w to do .

By the way, can you use more than one texture in the level? Cos the example level only had one texture for the whole level.

cheers

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
kevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 00:54
Yeah, you can use that. The next example will use multiple textures, so it does work. I hope you can show me some cool results. I should say that the hardest thing is to get the model to work properly. But I try to make it better and better.

Kevil

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 01:16 Edited at: 24th Jun 2003 01:17
Hang on a mo, I cant zoom , not everyone has a mouse scroll wheel (particularly me). Please could you should assign the zoom to keys such as A and Z as well so everyone can use it.

cheers

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
kevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 01:33
Hehe, I assumed everyone had a scrollwheel nowadays. Guess not! Don't worry, I will add it.

Kevil

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 21:25
and though i've wanted it so long i cant download it now as i don't have time. ah...life.

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:35:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:35:57