Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Drawing Anime Style

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 04:40
http://www.mutoanime.com/Draw/Tutorial.html

Right now I'm working on a 2D fighting game, and am drawing some characters in the anime style.I'm just beginning this, but I thought this tutorial was especially helpful, and could benefit some others around also.

http://www.freewebs.com/goldenrodproductionstudio/index.htm
Yes that's right folks, another total revamp of my site.
Currently trying to register domain name, and get some copyrights.
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 08:11
Well, I'm sort of a 2D fighter fan .
Um, before I comment, are you a good artist, and what experience do you have previous with anime style? I'm not an artist myself but I know people who are and they all love anime. Believe me, they've been pluggen away at anime for many years and they still think they stink. However, I'm not an artist myself, and do not understand why they criticize themselves so much (especially since one of them is a professional photographer and portrate painter).

Good luck with the fighting game.

"I need gopher-chucks!!"
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 21:44
Thanks CraZemon, hopefully I will complete this project.

My experience as drawing anime is about 2 months(lolL), but the drawings are at least half-decent for what I need
(though there's room for improvement, heheh)
it'll be very interesting to see how everything turns out.

http://www.freewebs.com/goldenrodproductionstudio/index.htm
Yes that's right folks, another total revamp of my site.
Currently trying to register domain name, and get some copyrights.
Dreadlox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 17:33 Edited at: 6th Jul 2003 17:39
I've been drawing in the anime style for about 2 years and I still feel that it just dosn't have the look that it should. I think one of the troubles could be that it is very precise. Unlike other types of art which can be drawn freehand, this style requires a great deal of planning. Or at least it does if you want it to look right. Personally I have never really been happy with my drawings, except on the odd occasion when I feel them to be exemplary to any of my other efforts.

Here is a site dedicated to drawing in the anime style!
[href]www.howtodrawmanga.com[/href]
It contains a free tutorial which I found incredibly helpful myself, as well as books that cover everything you'd ever need to know about this style!

SuperCort2003
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 22:30
Hey I've been drawing anime to. In fact I'm in the making of making my own manga but I also want to make a 2d fighting game featuring them but I'm just learning DarkBasic and it's so confusing!
But I'm not going to give up! I'm going to keep trying even if I go crazy! :-s But I could use help in a tutorial for creating a 2D fighting game.[b][email]SuperCort2003@aol.com

Zius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 20:13
I've been drawing manga, not anime, over two years now and are planing to to do my first shortmovie. Sorry but I'm a little sensitive when people say that they are drawing anime. Anime is short for animation. Sorry about that folks. I'm usally at another forum where we talk about 3d and 2d and uasally post our pics there.
Megaman X Gold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 03:14
Anime is French for Animation. It isn't a "short" version of it.

My friend Astra has been drawing Manga for many years now, and my games will feature it, luckily enough. ^-^ Gawd...her skill could easily compare to anime professional work. *drools*

Well, Cya.

Life is more like a box of Grenades. Throw the pin instead of the grenade, and it blows up in your face...along with the rest still beside you.
Bishop Marxx
Years of Service
User Offline
yellow thats by far the worst drawing tuturial ive ever seenin my life... after that i just about throw up literally... http://omu.kuiki.net/index2.htm *Look at the basics on the right* and thank me later

[img][/img]
SuperCort2003
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 17:46
Hey that is a cool site to learn from! Great link! "I've been drawing manga, not anime, over two years now and are planing to to do my first shortmovie." YOu're doing a first shortmovie Zius. HOw are you going about doing that?
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 19:42
For some tutorials, go to http://www.bakaneko.com/. It's where I got a tutorial sample which I used for the base as one of the main characters in the Darkside of the Cresent Moon series.

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:00:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:00:25