Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Posible solution for FPS Creator to work on Windows Vista....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, Dual-Core 64 bit processor, 1 gb ddr memory, Pentium 4.

when I had just installed FPS Creator, everything was fine, it worked, but every time I was testing a game it was taking like 3 minutes to actually compile all the information and test it. So I thought, hummm, why is it taking so long when it says " Building Portals ", and " Saving optimizing Universe ", I was not creating the portals and and the universe was simple, just the ground, you know?, well I made a small test:

1 Load FPS Creator
2 Add new prefab and select hangar bay large
3 zoom out and place like 8 spaces down the grid
4 go to markers, player start and place it in the middle of the room
5 then test level, and it would take about 3 minutes to actually go and test it, and it would be slow.

When I finally was in the testing screen, I walked to the edge of the door looked down to the ground without jumping and I saw hundreds of rooms, some of them with portals in them (picture attached).

Then I switched the compatibility to Windows XP service pack 2, and I am running as an administrator also, that took care of everything, now it only takes like 15 seconds, and it runs really fast.

I hope this helps you. It worked for me. Thank you for reading this.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2008 21:43
Eh, It runs here at the moment I installed it, no problems(Vista Ultimate X64) Compiling takes underneath a minute, even with a larger level. It's your RAM. Vista eats 1GB Ram for itself... So i suggest upgrading it.

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2008 22:14
Quote: "Dual-Core 64 bit processor"
Quote: "Pentium 4.
"

Care to explain?

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
Sandi
Years of Service
User Offline
It runs just fine now, with a big file.

I am running, Intel Pentium D Processor
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 15:35
i run the AMD athlon 4000+, never gave me problems. it works for me... and i updated,that was the problem

Play the games the masters play: MKZn and 3-B promo

http://www.3bpromo.tk
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, mine works fine with all the updates... Love both FPSx9 and FPSx10... When you find an update that works....sick with it. Thanks TGC!

TJ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:30:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:30:39