Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / First game creation attempt

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Me and my friend have decided to get a game started and are a little confused. We have a 2d char sprite and terrain with end of screen collision detection that work. We want to tilt the terrain so we could put a sky and basic 3d movment in it.

I was looking through the documentation and seen quite a few ways to do this. We are wondering if there is a difference between rotating the camera around the objects or rotating the objects around the camera.
Fable
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes certainly if you rotate the objects you have to rotate all of the objects at the same time, on the same axis and to the same degree or they will seperate half-way through a game (not good )
However if you just move/rotate the camera it is just your viewpoint that changes so the only thing you would need to move/rotate would be the camera. good enough to answer your question?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:14:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:14:30