Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Is it possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, im trying to make a driving simulation. im in need of codes for collision in the map, the rear and side mirrors, the speedometer and the movement of the car.

also, im using maya 2008 for my 3D models, is there anyway to import it to darkgdk?

many thanks!
Ripiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Try exporting from maya as DBO format
FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
For collisions , you can use Sparky collision DLL, BUT you probably want physics so you can use ODE, Bullet, Newton or Dark Physics.

For the mirrors you can use a camera with dbSetCameraToImage ,and then applying that image to an object or limb.

For the movement of the car, as i said above , you can use Physics libraries.

GDK only supports .X and .DBO files.
So you can pass you maya files to another program that supports .X file, or maybe is a .X plugin for maya.

Keep it up
Kira
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks a lot fersis! ill look into some of those exporters now.

and as for the collisions, where could i get the Sparky? better yet, the ODE, bullet and the dark physics?
Kira
Years of Service
User Offline
managed to get my grummy hands on sparky's dll (though im figuring it out how do i place them in the correct folders XD)

anyway, i wont be using the physics. it's just a simple game that needs to bump into walls (and hopefully, not through it)

my problems are still the rear and side view mirrors and the tachometer

hmm

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:20:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:20:17