Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / fps creator integration with DGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have fps creator and see it creates a "levelbank" folder that has zip files mush like BSP's. Does any one know if it is possible to use fps creator as a level editor for GDK? I would like to have a bit more controller over the game i make other then scripts. Or is this something that may be available soon, like export to BSP.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 02:43
I would absolutely adore TGC if they exported your map as a BSP.

Considering as of right now, in order to create a BSP that works with DBP or DGDK requires tremendous amounts of work and conversions from this format to that, and it just has no end!

I would love for FPSC to export to a BSP file

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Dude, I'd rather be declared a dbpro noob than an fpsc legend any day!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 08:27
You can use it in your programming languages, However you will need to copy and modify all Texture notices in the model yourself.

0 Geoff 0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 16:05 Edited at: 26th Jan 2008 16:10
I think you can load in the level on its own not sure about the ememies though.http://gdk.thegamecreators.com/
The code it shows on the page loads the skybox and level and allows the player to move using the arrow keys.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 16:31
You can only load the STATIC world, so no doors/elevators and whatever will be loaded in it. Only statis objects and lights.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 17:36
Quote: "I would love for FPSC to export to a BSP file "

but it would be made of lots of boxes, it would have to optomise it, ie a room 6x6 units =6x6x6 boxes, optomises to just 6 boxes that cover 6 units.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
unitech
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You can only load the STATIC world, so no doors/elevators and whatever will be loaded in it. Only statis objects and lights."
- how so, is the word an x file some where?

Quote: "but it would be made of lots of boxes, it would have to optomise it, ie a room 6x6 units =6x6x6 boxes, optomises to just 6 boxes that cover 6 units."
- yes but if FPS creator allowed an import of a terrain then it could be used as a level editor. Just the work involved in creating location, doors, elevator, enemies, etc would make for a lot of FPS creator sales.
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 13:54 Edited at: 27th Jan 2008 13:54
Quote: " - how so, is the word an x file some where?"

http://www.thegamecreators.com/data/newsletter/newsletter_issue_37.html - that's a tutorial on how to do it. If you need help texturing your level, drop me a line via email, it took me forever to figure out how to get the world textured after importing it.

EDIT: That tutorial is for DBP, but it should still work perfectly in DGDK.

unitech
Years of Service
User Offline
thx Veron you may here from me next week.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 13:18:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 13:18:49