Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Newbie help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 10:07
I'm new to Dark Basic and I got a few questions...
How do I get a texture on a object?
How do I even get a model onto my project?
I don't know anything about programing besides the Print command...could anyone make a list of basics for me?
Is the map a model or do I program it in the editor?(while looking though a exapmle I found that the map was made in code)
If possable does anyone have a good tutorial, I don't like thre one that comes with Dark Basic.
How can I make a camra that I can rotate by using the arrow keys?
Can you only use .x models?

I got many questions but that should do for now and I think I use Dark Basic version 1.0.6(the full version)

Thanks
GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 15:50
How do I get a texture on a object?

LOAD IMAGE "Myfile.jpg",[ImgNo]
TEXTURE OBJECT [ObjectNo],[ImageNo]

How do I even get a model onto my project?

LOAD MESH "Mymodel.x",[MeshNo]
MAKE OBJECT [ObjectNo],[MeshNo],[TextureNo]

or

LOAD OBJECT "MyModel.x",[objectno]

I don't know anything about programing besides the Print command...could anyone make a list of basics for me?

I'm sorry to give this answer but for that the manual is the ultimate resource.

Is the map a model or do I program it in the editor?(while looking though a exapmle I found that the map was made in code)

Not sure what you're talking about here? Are you referring to BSP maps?

If possable does anyone have a good tutorial, I don't like thre one that comes with Dark Basic.

Hmm, I've seen good tutorials on some of the user made DB support sites. On the site www.darkbasic.com there is a list of top DB sites - check some of those out.

How can I make a camra that I can rotate by using the arrow keys?

When you start displaying an object a camera is automatically made. You can rotate it using the ROTATE CAMERA command.

Can you only use .x models?

Nope, you can use X, 3DS, MD2, MD3, MDL, Quake 2 BSP, Quake 3 BSP, Half Life BSP, proprietary BSP.

TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 18:00
The BSP files can only be used in DarkBASIC Pro. Since this is a DarkBASIC (classic) forum i suppose that Anonymous got the classic version.

I've seen some really good tutorials at [url]www.dbheaven.com[/url]

I think the best way to learn DB is to look at other peoples codes.

"It's good to be bad..."
Dungeon Keeper
Anonymous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2002 02:14
Thanks, but I went though tutorials yesterday so I know most of those answers now. But I still have one more question. How do I make my 3d player move? I tried looking thought examples but it didn't work for me and how do I make a diffent animation when you move?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:29:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:29:32