Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Particles Screensaver

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 22:35 Edited at: 27th Jun 2008 02:32
Here, I made this cool looking screensaver using particles

This is compressed into 7 lines whic runs superfast when you remove the sync command or put SYNC RATE 0

Hope you like it... Tell me if there's something wrong with it please

Oh, and this is the code totally uncompressed, much easier to read!

if you check the bottom of the page there is a newer version that generates it's own media, so no no need to download stuff, scroll down, check it out

When the going get stuf,
the stuf get's sinister

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2008 12:51
HELOOO! Does nobody have anything to say about my program? Does it suck THAT bad?!?
And if it does then please tell me what kind of thing I need to be trying to make that will atleast get some kind of comment albeit a negative one!

Happy, always happy!
aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 04:15
i wold comment, but cant download.

alus.portbb.com go there.
Quote: A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes -zenicanin14 the 2nd stupidest user in the world
sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 13:10
Why not?!?

You can't download the media or what?

If that's the case then you can just make your own.
In PSP or photoshop or something I made a 64x64 black picture then I took a huge paintbrush with faded edges and put a big white circle in the middle. That's the spark for the partricles effect.
Alternatively you can copy one from the examples that come with DBpro, except those ones aren't white.

Also, if you want to use it as your screensaver you set the screensaize to the same as your desktop and fullscreen and choose to make exe with attached media and attach the spark.bmp and save the exe as particles.scr or whatever so long as it is *.scr not .exe then if you have windowsXP then I think you copy the "particles.scr" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\" 'C' being your default drive. I don't think the folder where the screensavers reside is the same for every version of windows.

Happy, always happy!
sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 14:41
Still no comment?

Happy, always happy!
Tri Alliance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 19:02 Edited at: 24th Mar 2008 19:03
I think it's very cool! It looks as if the particles were being painted on the screen.

But the only thing I dislike about it is that it makes a big white blob on your screen.

Maybe next time you go for the 20 line challenge, could you please try the 'Randomize' command, along with the 'RGB()' command to get like a really nice rainbow effect.

Thankyou, and I hope this helps you!
jeffhuys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 22:54
@sinister stuff
It is too many work to put the spark.bmp in a folder and let DBP open it. Sorry...

You're the 'th to view this signature!
sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 16:30
@Tri Alliance
Thanks. I don't know what you mean about the white blob on the screen though, I don't remember that ever happening. The idea is that it looks kind of like slowmotion action peainting... hehe.
thanks for the tips

@jeffhuys
hey, you're the guy who made that explosion thing in the challange forum!! Ok, tell you what, what if I gace you an exe? I'm not the good at programming but what if I gave an install file that you just double-click then you can use the screen saver on your computer?

Happy, always happy!
sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 10:42
I have been busy, now I'm not... Well actually I am. So, without further ado, I present to you my improved particles screensaver that DOESN'T REQUIRE ANY MEDIA DOWNLOAD!!! here is the code which I have now reduced to 5 lines:

and if you are lazy then here is a faster version. By the way, my brother and I watched this for a long time and we never saw it repeat itself. Anyway, here is the fast version:

yes, I know all I changed was the sync rate!

and if you want the uncompressed, readable code you can find it at the top of this thread. The code that I added for the media is:

and there you have it! Now I realise that not many people like to comment on what they see here... For example I have over 600 views for this but I only have 1 proper comment!!! The rest is either by me or by people complaining that they don't want to download or something lame like that. Please comment becuase I want to know your opinions on this. Even if you think it's stupid, say so!

In the unlikely event that you find yourself thinking "hmm... This is a really cool screen saver, I wish I could have it on MY computer" I will attach, to this thread, an install file which I quickly created which will do just that! However, it only works for windows xp which is what I have at home and is what I assume to be pretty standard. The reason is because on other versions, the screensaver folder is located elsewhere on the harddisk. Extract the install file to your desktop and run it from there, not from the zip file. Hope you enjoy this and please... DROP ME A COMMENT!!!

Happy, always happy!
sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 10:30
Ok. So I now have 50 more views and NO COMMENTS.
So I'll make a game, because people seem to like games here, then maybe someone will comment.

When the going get stuf, the stuf get's sinister
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 05:46
Woah this is really cool. It's great that you posted a no-media version . You should make note of that in your first post using the EDIT POST button written under your avatar on that post... maybe you'd get more comments then?

sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 02:29
Thanks. =D And thanks for commenting.
Will do, thanks.
Unfortunately I can't upload the screensaver installer, it's really weird.

When the going get stuf,
the stuf get's sinister
paint color
Years of Service
User Offline
that was a pretty cool program, and sinisterstuf, ive seen some other things youve made and i must say they are pretty impressive. with your skill you should probably make a big project instead of all these cool, but small ones

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:05:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:05:18