Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbLoadObject - undocumented parameter?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2008 16:06 Edited at: 28th Jan 2008 16:19
Hi,

I've done a search for this but can't find anything. It's more out of interest than anything else but, does anybody know what the iDBProMode parameter is for in the said function.

dbLoadObject( char* szFilename, int iID );
dbLoadObject( char* szFilename, int iID, int iDBProMode );

Edit: Just another quick question, if you have multiple cameras and want to use the dbObjectInScreen(int iID); function how do you specify the camera to test visibility on?

Thanks in advance.

The Sun is trying to kill me!
Pharoseer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 04:11
Hey monotonic,

I don't know about the iDBProMode variable, but I think the dbObjectInScreen() command uses the currently active camera.

-Frank
Pixel Perfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 09:26
This is the help text from the DBPro help file. When I can't find info in the DGDK help my first port of call is the DBPro help which is often more comprehensive.

Quote: "
LOAD OBJECT

This command loads a model into the specified 3D object number. You must specify a model in the X, 3DS,
MDL, MD2 or MD3 format. Once you have loaded the 3D object file successfully, you can use the specified
3D object number to position, rotate, scale, animate and manipulate your 3D object. The object number
should be specified using an integer value. The optional Load Mode parameter controls how the data
loaded from the model is handled, and which behaviour is required. An additional Reduce Texture mode also
controls a run-time scale down of the loaded texture plate. Be aware that when you load an object that
has associated textures, you are handing over texture management to the engine which will attempt to
save texture memory by re-using textures previously loaded from the same filename. To take over texture
management, use LOAD IMAGE and TEXTURE OBJECT commands.

Load Mode:
0-DBV1 legacy behaviour
1-DBPro : out of the box new pro standard
2-Leave states alone to keep material/diffuse effects
3-Leave states alone to keep material/texture effects
4-Ensure object blends texture and diffuse at stage zero
5-Leave states alone to keep multi-material effects

Reduce Texture Mode:
0-No Reduction
N-Divide By N

Syntax

LOAD OBJECT Filename, Object Number
LOAD OBJECT Filename, Object Number, Texture Mode
LOAD OBJECT Filename, Object Number, Texture Mode, Texture Reduce
"

Hope this helps.

No matter how good your code is, someone will improve on it
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 14:56
In Visual Studio the popup that displays the overloads of the function only gives the above variants. Maybe it is the texture mode but just given a different name.

The Sun is trying to kill me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:25:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:25:04