Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Spheres and wakes???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 15:07
Hi to all from Italy!
I hope that you can help me because i need of your help!!!!

Ok: I am in development of a flight simulator and the work go well.I make a sphere to make my sky and i texture it.. ok it s all ok but i notice that the sphere was corrupted! Maybe this is a DB 1.13 bug but my sphere is not correct! ok the shape is spherical but there is a point in it that show a vertical imprecision!!!!! Please HELP ME!!!

Ok my second problem is: I want make a wake behind the tail of my plane. It s a good thing if i use the sprites?? or a PLAIN object and so texturize it??? PLEASE teach me about a quickly mode to make a WAKE!!!!!

MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU IN ADVANCE!!! and sorry for my horrible english language!!!!
Obear
Years of Service
User Offline
yup that weird thing on the sphear is anoying

To make a wake type effect, designe a few sprites with various stages of the WAKE effect, from start to when it disipates into nothing, then in game create a selection of plains (the same amount of plains as sprites) Then place the first plain textured with the first sprite behind the wing tips or were you wish to place the wake. Then as the plane moves forward place another plane at the wing tip coverd in the first tecture then chnage the prrevious plain for one thast textured in the SECOND texture, then as it moves forward again place another plain with the first texture at wing tips change the previous one to the second texture and the one before that to the third texture.

Keep doing this till all the textures are used, after that you need to errase the last plain each time.

the result will be...

As the aircraft moves forward the wake starts of at the wing tip and expands and fades as the aircraft flys, the whoel process is constantly placeing the first texture at the wing tip and changeing each of the follwing tectures to the next texture untill it finally diapears.

Ok now i know i really confused the hell out of you now

Its kinda hard to explain really, hope you kinda got the idea.

Obear
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yeh obvoiusly you will bneed to make sure the Plain is FACEING the camera at ALL times, as the camera view changes so should the plains, either that or use sphears instead, but they cost more polygons and will slow down the performance of the game

Obear
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yeh, your English is far better than my Italian, so no oppology needed, in fact your English is better than my English

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 23:11
Hi obear! thank you for help!!! Yes i know that it s hard to teach me for the wake problem but i understand 80% and + of your topic!! so maybe i will reach the objective to make a realistic wake for my plane!

But for the sphere bug?????? PLEASE! maybe this problem was already discussed but if you can help me please do it!!!

Thank you very much for now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:52:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:52:16