Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / load animation separate.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 18:07 Edited at: 30th Jan 2008 18:08
I read this about enhanced animation

Quote: "Animation files are created by extracting the animation data from your 3D object. You can then save a copy of the models that will use that animation data with all of the model's animation data removed. This can all be done in the media preparation stages of creating your game. Inside your game, you can load the models without any animation data in them (which will load very fast). Since the animation data files that were extracted from your object can be applied to any similar 3D object, the data only has to be loaded once! This could really reduce the headaches of long loading times for your players!"

It made me wonder.. Can GDK call the animations in after reading the model? My exporter breaks the model when I add animation to it. So I was thinking of exporting the model, then export an animation file. Will that work with out enhanced animations add on?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:32:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:32:29