Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Matrix/ Lighting help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
so I have been working on a game for a while now/Learning dbGdk. I am working on a game that will generate terrains with a matrix. which i have going, as well as placement of objects. i am having problems getting any kind of light to affect the matrix. ideally id like to get shadows on it, from its self and other objects (trees characters so on) i have searched the code base fore several days, as well as googled, and read the tutorials for dark basic. i can get the results i want from a simple terrain set up. but i would prefer to make the matrix instead of the several hundred height maps id have to make for this crazy idea i have.

so the question is does any one know of a good tutorial, or a code snipet that will help with some basic lighting effects on a matrix.
the tutorials i have found involve a moving matrix or watter. i just need to get the hang of shading a matrix similar to the dbSetTerrainLight command. i believe it has something to do with the dbSetMatrixNormal, or the dbSetMatrix commands but neither seem to affect the lighting in any way.

anywho thanx for any help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:28:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:28:35