Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem with starting a new project with tutorial1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2008 20:53 Edited at: 1st Feb 2008 21:02
Okay, so with the part of the first tutorial where you create the Hello World save name and the location has to stay default. Which is usually a part of your documents. Whenever I click on okay an error box appears with this on it
Default.js or Default.vbs not found in Cocuments and SettingsMikeMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsDark GDK-GameDark GDK-GameScripts1033Default.js
The thing is though, that is not my default location and 'Mike' is not on my computer. I only recently downloaded GDK, Visual C++ and the required version of DirectX. This took alot of time to install and I've followed all the instructions of the tutorial up till this moment. I really need some help because I have always wanted to make my own computer games and it seems already like it might not happen. (see attachment for the error on screen)

[MODEDIT] Replaced attached BMP file with JPG file to reduce download time.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Theone2k
Years of Service
User Offline
have a look at

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118371&b=22

should clear up the problem if you read down the bottom helped me.

You need to re-write a few lines in the code to fix but very easy PM if you cant figure it out

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:29:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:29:21