Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problems with Libraries

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I saw the Dark GDK and i download it, because i want to make games with it. Now I have very big problems!

The first thing:

The wizard doesn't appear in the "Create project" window.
(I try every thread in your forum and no one helped).

The second thing is, that i've got a GIANT list of Library errors. here a >small< example ( there are 263 Errors) and do not wonder (i come from Germany, but i thing you understand, what this error LNK is:

input.lib(CInputC.obj) :

The libs are in the right directory and i use the DirectX SDK August 2007. Then i try to link every lib of the directx sdl - that doesn't help, too. So please help me!

-Critical
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 10:10
Here is how to manually install the wizards in case of a problem:

Instead of trying to do it automatically I can explain how to manually install the wizards:

* Go to C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Wizards\Files. Copy all of the files from here.
* Paste the files into C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Wizards

* Go to C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Wizards\Projects. Copy all of the files from here.
* Now go to C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\
* Create a folder called Dark GDK
* Paste all of the files into this file

* C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Wizards* Open each VSZ file in Notepad
* You will see a line like this Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Dark GDK\Dark GDK - 2D Game\Dark GDK - 2D Game"
* Make sure this line in each file has the correct path

Once you have taken these steps the wizards will be available to you.

Can you tell me which program you are trying to compile? Do you get errors with every single GDK program?
Critical TIE
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok but there is a problem:

It doesn't exist a 'My Documents' folder in my User Directory -> so i created one.
And Wizard isn't available yet

Maybe because i am using a German Version of Visual Studio? But this can't be...
Critical TIE
Years of Service
User Offline
push
Sxtan
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,
i got the same problems too. i'm sure my settings are right now.

-my libary's path works now (i followed the instruction in the Installation.pdf file)

-my wizard works fine
that:

Here is how to manually install the wizards in case of a problem[quote]
was helpful.

To: Critical TIE
you can use "c:\own files" / "c:\Eigene Dateien" too.
(that: C:\Documents and Settings is a hidden/invisible directory.)

-but i still get this "linker errors" too
input.lib(CInputC.obj) : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_DirectInput8Create@20" in Funktion ""void __cdecl Constructor(struct HINSTANCE__ *)" (?Constructor@@YAXPAUHINSTANCE__@@@Z)".

Dark GDK - 2D Game3 - 263 Error(s) , 0 Warning (s)
Getting Started - 263 Error(s) , 0 Warning (s) (same result)

my setup/installpath was not changed
H:\Programme\The Game Creators\Dark GDK

each "*.vsz" file has the correct path
i tryed "Dark GDK - 2D Game.vcproj.E6700.myname.user" too but still same 263 "linker errors"

*didn't work cause "linker errors"
Tutorials\Getting Started
New Projects\all (2D, 3D)

have a nice day or night
Critical TIE
Years of Service
User Offline
Ouh I fixed the problem!
It was just a stupid mistake! I put the x86 >and< x64 libs into the VC-Directory Lib list. after i removed the x86 libs from the list, it worked fine! thanks for your help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:20:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:20:59