Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / General Questions/Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone

I was wondering if a couple things are possible in FPS:

1. Can you remove the footstep sound completely?

2. Is it possible to "fly" around a map instead of walking (including through walls/floors)?

Any shed of information/help on this matter would be awesome! I'm just starting a project and want to set what I can and cant do.

Thanks!
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 12:09
1. Yes; you can probably script it, but the easiest way would be to fid the footstep sound and replace it with silence. (After backing it up!)

2. I have no idea, you could probably script this as well, as it's almost a step 'back' from what we have at the moment: i.e Gravity and collision. But I don't know.

TB3ITBPOMITW
SuperX7
Years of Service
User Offline
Aha!

It seems after a initial look that these sounds are located under the materials directory? I'll need to replace quite a few files then Great, I'll test that today and see that goes, woot. Thanks for that!

Anyone else on the second question?
THE GAME DESIGNER
Years of Service
User Offline
...you'll need to right click on the start icon and change the code there...

for 2...i think i can... ive done it once ont he projects i was working on...i think u need to change the movement script section where Gravity is... change that so that Gravity is either set to 0 or -10...

want to work on something together?

lewis stevens
SuperX7
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Game Designer

By right clicking, I'm assuming you mean the Player Start marker? I hardly see any "code" there, that was the first thing I looked into. Even after leaving the soundset blank, it still didnt remove the footsteps (just the grunts when you jump and the other sounds).

I also replaced some of the material sounds in the audiobank folder (in what seemed to be the footsteps) but when I test the game, I can still hear them?

It would be cool to work on something together but I'd doubt I'd be of any use to you, unless you need audio/music. My knowledge of FPSC is very limited.
THE GAME DESIGNER
Years of Service
User Offline
lol my emails lewisstevens1@aol.com...

mail me there so we can chat and discuss off forums

lewis stevens
THE GAME DESIGNER
Years of Service
User Offline
AH I CAN REMEBER

When You Create A Room...You Have A File Which Creates The Sound Of You Walking Onto It... It Will Change For The Different Materials...

Im X10...Should Be About Same For All

Go On FPS Creator X10 -> Files -> Audiobank -> Materials

In There Are All The Files For THe Different Materials...

You Could Change Them And Save As The Exact Filename In The Same Folder So Then You Dont Get The Sound Of Running...

That Should Work For THat

lewis stevens
SuperX7
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah

I'll need to replace more files as I think I replaced the incorrect ones! Thanks dude!
THE GAME DESIGNER
Years of Service
User Offline
so m8...if u want to do it 2gether just email me at lewisstevens1@aol.com and say plz

then we can contact each other not through this

lewis stevens

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 15:18:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 15:18:52