Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Segment change in quality

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 16:19
Hey i was just altering the model pack 2tiles they looked good in gimp however when i export into fpsc the textures seem too be faded and look alot blurry and water coloured even tho all i have added to them is more blood compared with the original they are not seamless with the colour.....and blurryness
is this do too the bump map?????i for one have no idea how too access and make my own bump maps seperate to the texture??? i know you might need too have too texture types one as .dds and another as _n or sumthing like that how ever firma as i know of only exports 1 texture too the segment????
so is there any good ways too keep good quality with the model and export them
or do i simple copy and paster the bump map file if the segment has one onto the new folder with the altered textured segment in it...or am i going totally the wrong direction??

dread

dream
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2008 14:15
you cant make bump maps, you can make normal maps. Try download the nvidia normal map plugin for Photoshop or there should be a function in the gimp. As for the blurriness, increase the texture size, about to 512x512 or 1024x1024 (remember, squares of 2)

save the normal map in the directory with the edited texture, with the extension _N and activate shaders.

hope that helps,

SC

Play the games the masters play: MKZn and 3-B promo

http://www.3bpromo.tk
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2008 18:48
Damn, you beat me to it again Yeah, that's pretty much how you do it. The GIMP does not come with a .dds plug-in, google the GIMP .dds plugin, that's where I found it.

Time to die? All right!
Dream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 17:38
i see now,

thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:31:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:31:24