Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Web Checker

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 00:36
I didn't post the previous version of Web Checker here on TGC forums because I didn't really know a lot about forums when it was made. But I recently just updated the program to a new version and totally remade it. As I needed somewhere to post this very small program announcement I thought here was the best place to do it, among the kindly people of TGC forums.

The program doesn't do a lot in the respect that it isn't a game and isn't very exciting. The original use was to log internet outages and the task of creating a program to log these outages was appointed by my father, who noticed these outages but with no free programs was able to track them when we were away from any computers. So basically if you are prone to internet outages and need some evidence to provide your ISP or whoever when you next complain about outages, you can now give them that evidence by simply leaving the program running when you might not be at the computer doing something that requires the internet.

Posting a screenshot would be so pointless its untrue, so I'll just post a GUI picture to show what it looks like and just how simple, yet useful, it is:

And the download link is here:
http://soharix.homestead.com/Web_Checker.zip

And again, remember this program announcement isn't actually trying to show this off, its just letting anyone who is interested, be known of it.

As a last note, anyone who is wondering how I had the time to post this when I'm working on another project in the WIP section (Marvin the Magician), I managed to spend the time on this because it took me less than 6 hours and I'm still waiting for Alquerian to fix the collision engine.

Thanks for any comments if anyone has any. (Not that I can imagine there is much to comment on; it is simply a tool.)

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2008 03:02
can we get some info on how/and what it checks? what data is returned? how is it logged? are there any configurations?

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2008 16:45
Basically the program connects to an FTP. (Via the internet obviously.) (Incedently it is the Dark Basic FTP, I don't know what it is used for, it is just used in an FTP example.)

And if it connects, nothing happens and it waits a user pre-defined time and then connects again. (The user-defined time is in seconds.)

If for any reason Web Checker can't connect to the FTP server, it executes a .vbs script that simply says when it couldn't connect.

It is a bit crude but by looking at the first and last .vbs window that appears you can determine the length of the internet drop-out.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:08:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:08:23