Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / network game doc for GameGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have found very little documentation on the network Game Functions can any one point me in the right direction with this? I think once I get a connection setup I can get memblocks back and forth across the network but I need some sample code to set up a connection.

My game will have a base server hosted on my bonded t1 but the users will need to connect to it. one big question I have is the port it uses.

Thanks,
Terry
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 00:32
I have attached the help file from the DBP documentation which explains some principles and techniques for implementing a good multiplayer architecture. All you need to do is convert the code examples into GDK(C++).

As for the ports that need to be opened, GDK uses DirectPlay so all you need to do is find out which ports this uses for communication a google search will reveal all.

Projects Started: 20
Projects Completed: 0

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:25:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:25:04