Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3D Maze Needing Help Please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am Trying to make a 3D maze Program I am trying to use the same method the Dark GDK used for the First Person Shooter example. Now I don't want enemys or pillers or opening doors Just Simple objects made for walls and floors for now I have them textured as bricks but if you run this it doesn't creat anything. What is wrong and How do I fix it? Please This is a helping forum So I seek help Please.

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 10:14 Edited at: 7th Feb 2008 10:18
Uh, at a first glance:

- Where do you call "makeLevel();"?
This is only the declaration:

I think it must be called (like this):

- Strings cannot be assigned in this way:

Instead, use something like

- Watch out for the relation between the variable 'objectCount' and the struct array 'tVis vis[MAXVIS]';

[Edit: Ah, and that switch/case cannot work that way either. For comparing strings use, for example, 'strcmp' function.]
Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help still Need to work on it so hope more people help out. But currious Those things work for there example it runs fine I took there example and made a new project and pasted ALL the programing for it and ran it it worked. Then I made my program and took just the parts I need and it won't work. IF those are the problems that you said why would there's work? Just currious. Any way I will keep working on it.

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
Kira
Years of Service
User Offline
whered you find the darkgdk example of a first person shooter?
Years of Service
User Offline
Its the Dark Dungeon example Its in the Samples.

Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Yeah I got it it works now I just need to plan out the maze. I used some code I got from an example from Dark GDk I changed it and molded it to do what I want but do I need permision from them to do that if I wanted to sell the game? Also would I need to pay them anything sence I used Dark GDk to make it? Oh and I know you people working for the company look at this so please feel free to E-mail me the answer.

Years of Service
User Offline
I got answers for those last questions so no need to answer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:24:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:24:22