Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Questions?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 05:27
I was wondering. If you have a game made in FPSC and you switch out the .exe with a modded one will it still work and if it does could somone please create a very basic level so I can do some test with editing the main engine.

If it was illegal to be stupid we'd run out of room.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 07:20
If you edit the main engine, then you should be able to simply replace the existing "FPSC-Game.exe" with your modded one.

If it was a good mod, then it shouldn't act any differently than before (except for your changes)

Meaning, you can make your own test level.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 08:02
Thank you for the response. The problem is I don't own FPSC but would like to edit the main engine to inc speed and such but I need a level to test it on.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 08:50
I suggst you get FPSC, then.

It's become well worth th invetment, and if you intend to do any modding, you'll definitally need everything that comes with it (not just a level, but all th needed fles for running it)

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 09:03
Well, I was just going to mostly mess around with it as I have already created a fps engine in DBPro. I most likely will never und up buying FPSC because I have played some very simple levels and was very unhappy with the speed of it hense the reason I was going to see if I could get any sort of speed inc out of it. Although I just finished reading about leamer and it seems like it will help alot with speed.

Not in the Face
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 11:02
If you want a simple level I'll be more then willing to supply you with one.

notintheface.biz "Anything but..." Cheap web develeopment.
Sharp Bullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 21:20
I have created my own level using the latest version of FPSC X9 (v1.08) and I want to add some (dynamic) crates.

When I shot a crate this breaks apart, the pieces of the crate remains on the ground a while... and then disappear...

What .fpi script should I use to make the pieces of the box to remain permanently on the ground ??

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 15:23:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 15:23:11