Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK w/ DXUtils GUI [Example enclosed]...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have taken the liberty of testing out DXUTILS GUI w/ Dark GDK and have enclosed the source for all to see. A couple items of note though:

1) I've essentially combined both the DX Sample (CustomUI) and DarkGDK Tutorial (Getting Started). So, in order for this to work, you have to have the CustomUI.fx and AnimatedSprite.png files in your project's directory; Along with the appropriate libraries and source files (particularly for DXUtils) included in the project.

2) The Dark GDK does not like to share, so there is a call to dbEscapeKey() in the loop (and the ESC key is disabled in the DXUtils) - having both causes assertion failures on program exit...

3) Also, since it doesn't share, I'd suggest avoiding the three options in the top right corner (Toggle-Fullscreen, Toggle-REF and Device Settings) as DarkGDK has no idea any changes are made. (I found that out the hard way :p)

I hope this helps with some of the confusion about a GUI for DarkGDK.

Regards,
Jumpster

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:31:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:31:52