Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is this illegal?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
While browsing around today I found this site and a thread in it offered a copy of FPS Creator. There are some complaints about it in the thread itself but some people seem to say that there's nothing wrong with giving away a copy of FPSC without permission.
Here's the link to the thread http://rm-sanctum.com/index.php?topic=58.0

NOTE: In case your wondering, I am not the red-eyesD.dragon on that site, just in-case someone thought I was
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 19:27
Yes, it is illegal. It's called pirating. I recommend you report that thread to RickV (rick@thegamecreators.com) and buy FPSC on this site, fair and square, like everyone else (not really, though; some get a pirated version) did.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 19:30
Not sure...

In fact, I can't even find a the EULA for FPSCreator. The only form of license I was able to find was the one for the ODE plugin that runs FPSC's physics and was required to be there by the man who made it.

I'm sure one of the Mods can look further into this an dinform TGC if something does come up that says they can't do that.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 19:53
I've left a messege on their forums. They haven't offered up a download yet. Hopefully I've helped them to follow the right path.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 20:56
Nice move, Keith. I do hate to see good forums go bad.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

redeyes
Years of Service
User Offline
The administrater on those forums has now closed down the contest

Quote: "Ok this contest is canceled until further notice. It is cosing to much trouble.

Ryin pm me if you have done what Keith said and i will re-open it, or if you want to give s different first prize."
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 01:59
I'm glad to see that the Admin has done the right thing in this instance.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 15:25:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 15:25:17