Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Legal issues Please answer I am sure you probally know.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I am making a 3D maze program. I took some code from the example dark GDK gives for the first person shooter and changed it and made it what I need. It was not any charecter or anything like that is was using a string and counting the charecters for the objectnumber that is the part I used for my program one do I need permision from them to do that and two if I wanted to sell the game would that make it illegal or something? Seconed if I did sell the game would I have to pay Dark GDK anything?

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 01:58
Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle,

If I am reading your post correctly, it seems like you took code from the examples like how it reads object number or related, this is not illegal if you were to sell the game with similiar code, It would be illegal if you made a game with media that was copyrighted, but as far as code it is not illegal.

And you have to purchase DarkGDK license to sell games, if not then you legally have to give your games as shareware / freeware

Making dreams possible, one line at a time...
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 05:33
@Oneka: Actually, not even shareware!

You cannot make any kind of profit from the use of DarkGDK Freeware license. In any case, you should be getting a commercial license from TGC: $499 if you never owned DGDK or upgrade from $140 if you had the paid Freeware license.

I dunno if it is allowed to accept donations, but at my understanding of the license, you just cannot. This is something for someone at TGC to answer. Mike? or maybe Paul?

Thiago
Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks got it

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:31:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:31:28