Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / web browser for kids

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 23:53
its a small safe browser for kids its restricted to 6 sites for now which you can change in the .dat file

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sid Sinister
Years of Service
User Offline
Needs work, and a screenshot.

I was able to navigate to google through BBC search fairly easily. Also, there isn't a back button for the browser. Meaning your kids will likely be banging your keyboard into your monitor in no time.

Not sure how old your target audience is with the web browser. But assuming the child can read, he or she is of the age of investigating as well. Meaning, the huge #$&#$ red button on the upper right hand corner starts to look real nice after a while. Also, if the kid is super with computers, alt tab still works. And if the kid is amazing with computers, they'll alter the .dat file... but not likely as an older kid wouldn't be using a kid browswer anyway.

If you really put some engineering into this, you could sell it to libraries so the kids can surf safely.

"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" -Isaac Newton
-Computer Animation Programming Major @ Baker.edu-
Draglan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2008 00:00
Ha, I like this. I altered the .dat file and went off to play RuneScape. =P

Beep
Sid Sinister
Years of Service
User Offline
Way to bring up a two month old thread about a probably dead project...

"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" - Isaac Newton
-Computer Animation Major @Baker.edu-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 05:08:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 05:08:50