Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can I use custom VR hardware with FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have only just discovered FPSC and it looks like an awesome program. I am hoping I can use it to build a game to suit my project.

I am very keen on developing a really good game for use with my VR hardware. As you may already know, VR has not progressed much at all in the area of gaming and this disappoints me so I have been working on my own VR project.

I have been building my own 3DOF trackers for a while and am getting much closer to a working model. I am totally self taught with regards to the electronics and the coding so I have to learn a lot as I go along.

It is pretty easy to use mouse emulation and keyboard emulation with VR trackers, but the result is fun for a while but is lacking. To make a game feel more intuitive I need to split the control of the player into 3 or more aspects. I'll try and explain what I want to do and maybe someone can advise whether this is possible with FPSC. I want to be able to move in the direction my body faces, change my FOV according to the direction I am looking and aim and shoot the weapon according to the direction my hand is pointing. So I can be running along, looking all around and aiming the weapon totally independant of the FOV or direction of movement. If I can achieve this I think that the gameplay will be much more realistic.

My VR hardware is accessable via a server program I have written so I am pretty sure that I'll be able to write the code to access the tracker data from within the game. But are the controlling parts of the game something that can be coded with scripts, or are the hard coded in? Any advice will be appreciated.
electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I think you will enjoy using FPSCreator for your project. A while back I remember a post concerning a company doing this very same thing to market their VR commercial product. If you root around the forums, you should be able to find it.
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I think you will enjoy using FPSCreator for your project. A while back I remember a post concerning a company doing this very same thing to market their VR commercial product. If you root around the forums, you should be able to find it."

I have been reading through the forums, been through loads of pages but I can't find the post your referring to. As long as I know it is possible then I think I will enjoy playing with FPSCreator. I love scripting, but I am self taught and do struggle. Looks like there is lots of support for it though, thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 15:22:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 15:22:43