Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / library

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im sorta a noob, so please bear with me.

is this engine open source? is there a way to view the methods used within the library, i tried adding a custom component set in VS and it did not open the lib format. i was interested in viewing the methods, to get a better understanding of its inner workings and how i could create my own classes which could complement its design and work along side it. i would like to experiment with the db components but i find working with the help file difficult and stale.

is there a better way to start building? what kinds of projects should i be working on as a beginner? im halfway through a two part certificate in c++ so im fairly familiar with structure. any advice is greatly appreciated.
D Bellis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 20:32
no its not open source or ever will be as its the same engine used to power Darkbasic Pro so they would basicly shoot them selves in the foot if they let you into there code

Amd Athlon 64 3000+ Newcastle , Asus K8N4-E Deluxe, 1.50GB DDR Ram , XFX Geforce 6600 Extreame Edition 512MB DDR2 Ram
GDK,DarkPhysics,DarkShader,DarkLights,DarkAI,BlueGUI,Unity
8 drunkN gods
Years of Service
User Offline
i understand they run a business in development tools, just wasn't sure on this matter since it was free. i guess being a newbie i have other things to worry about and better ways to learn rather then diving into something i probably would have difficulty understanding anyways. im gonna stick to webcasts and msdn for now. thanks for the reply.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:29:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:29:06