Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / HELP!! Can't play built games on other computers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I used the clickteam install creator and I tried just copying the files to a cd and then taking them off the cd on the other computer and the game will not load. It's not just one computer either. Every computer I try to run the built game on doesn't work. It just tells me that the program encountered a problem and will now close. I have all the latest Directx and the firewall settings were turned off. ONe computer is running Vista and the other is running XP Home sp2. THe computer that has FPSC installed on it runs the built game fine. How can I get this to work on other computers? Please help!!!!!!! I have penguins to give for whomever helps me solve this problem hehe.

LIFE: "That thing that happens to us when we are too young to die"
~V.J.C. 2003
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the Vista computer one of the computers that the game does not work on, or is it the computer that you have FPS Creator on?
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2008 06:03 Edited at: 17th Feb 2008 06:04
No... vista is one that I tried to run the game on after it was built. The computer i use to make and build the games is running XP Home sp2. And one of the other computers I tried to play the built game on has the same operating system. I'mnot overly worried about playing it on vista if I can't. But I would like to be able to play it on the other computer so i can do arena games with my nephew.

~V.J.C. 2003
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2008 06:40
Make sure first of all that the PC meets the system requirements for FPSC Video card, RAM etc. and make sure you have the latest Direct X November 2007 installed and the latest Video card drivers installed also, This same compliant was made several other times before and a sometimes the game would not work on another computer because the latest Direct X and Video card drivers were not installed or the PC did not meet FPSC requirements.
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
the computer I am trying to run the game on has all the right stuff and I still can't get it to work. What else could be causing it?

~V.J.C. 2003
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2008 12:04
Do you have model pack 5 and install a update?
Than unistal it all and download model pack 5 as download without fpscreator..

As that dont is the problem, check if you have more than 1 update installed, that was my problem..

Good luck

Free media, coming soon!
Jackal16
Years of Service
User Offline
I find that FPS Creator games built on Vista don't work on XP.
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2008 16:04
@ Jackal16

you are wrong... 3 ours ago i have build a game, and it works on my famelies computer , my father : XP my sister : XP mother :...Cant run my games... My : Vista home Premium

Free media, coming soon!
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
ok... I just checked, the specs of the other computer that I am trying to run the built game on are as follows:

Windows XP Home sp2
DirectX 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904)
1.86 GHz processor
504 MB RAM

I'm not sure about graphics card but it's a dell Inspiron 6000. I tried going thought the device manager to find the card but I can't. I'm sure it's integrated but I don't know what it is.
As it looks, the computer meets all requirements to run FPSC. So now I have to figure out why it don't load the game. Like I said, I used the install creator and burnt it onto a CD-RW. Then I put that disc into the other computer and used the install file that Install Creator made. It installs the game and then I try to run it and I get an error that just says it encountered an error and will now shut down. What else can I do (besides buy a new laptop hehe)

~V.J.C. 2003
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
FPSC does not support intergrated graphics

Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
If that was the case then why does it run fine on the one laptop that has an integrated card. And it is a similar model to the other one. Is there something else that can cause this?

~V.J.C. 2003
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "FPSC does not support intergrated graphics"

Yes it does. I used to have a PC with integrated graphics, and it worked fine.

Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
What directory do you install the game you created on another computer? Does it have to be similar to the FPS directory on the computer that is running FPSC?

~V.J.C. 2003
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 10:01
if got same problem 2

always look on the bright side of live

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:28:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:28:12