Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Hello new here looking for help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, Im new to dark gdk and mostly all programming, so far i find dark gdk easy to understand, I am looking for a tute to create a simple space sim. nothing too elaborate but something i can build on as i go, but what i am looking for is something that will show me how to build a huge space to fly in, if anyone has ever played freelancer you know what im talking about here, something that can show me how to build a hud doenst have to be so complex and something that would show me how to make my ship fly in this void.

im just looking for the basics of things so i can build on to it and add more functionality to the game. im more a modeler then a programmer but i would love to learn the programming aspect. if some one can help me out id really appreciate it. thank you in advance

ill get there sooner or later, just you watch.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2008 13:56
There is a rather good programmer on here by the name of Dark coder. He has a space game like this in the Work In Progress forum.

If I was you, I might consider locating and perusing his thread as you can see how he has progressed - the steps he took - etc. It MIGHT be helpful.

I wouldn't slam him with to many questions though until you have some code and can ask high level questions. Save the "How do I turn my ship" stuff to general questions for anyone to answer. (Just My suggestions)

... Let me try to get you the link....

Couldn't find it

One last look.. here ya go: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118155&b=8

Orin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much so far i can get the camera to move with the mouse and control the cam so i got half of turning my ship done.lol
just gotta append the camera to the ship and get it to respond user input, im sure thats easy enough to accomplish as i have been looking threw some of the stuff dgdk has come with for examples.

basicly my questions are more about createing the world space in which to fly around in. what would be really cool is if i could create a way to make the maps from an outside sorce like a mapeditor, but im not shure where to even start there. anyway thank you and i will look in to the post.

ill get there sooner or later, just you watch.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:32:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:32:11