Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / DarkCode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 00:47 Edited at: 14th Jul 2003 16:50
I am working on a title called 'DarkCode'. It is a console-based hacking simulator. Features will include:

- Both missions and freelance work available as well as the ability to simply cause mayhem

- The ability to salvage programs from servers and other places rather than just buying them...will include software not purchasable

- Ability to buy webspace/domain names/personal fileservers

- Use of virus technology

- (Possibly) multiplayer...will need peoples help if this is to happen

- (Probably) ability to write your own viruses/programs. This has been influenced by Dark Signs.....it is such a great idea that I just have to implement something similar. The language will most likely be a BASIC variant

- Email system with a purpose. I am in the middle of writing a decent parser so that it is possible to write communicative emails to 'companys' and other 'hackers'

There are 3 screenies of some early work here:

http://www.basementfactory.com

I am currently building a new website for the game. Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

FieldDoc,

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 06:57
neat idea, gl!!!

---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 11:06
looking good, have you played uplink????

hi guys
FieldDoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 13:38
@Mattman:
Thanks for the compliment

@Redeye:
Yeah...good fun. Was probably the game that inspired me the most. Wanted to do something console-based though as I prefer that to a GUI hacking game

Life is like a penis:
When it's soft you can't beat it, when it's hard you get screwed.
FieldDoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 16:11
Just an update.
Have finished the DarkCode finance network. It is now possible to create bank accounts, deposit, withdraw and transfer funds. Bank customer support is also done. The bank currently only has minimal security.
Next thing is to complete the mail program and build a test server. May then be able to release a tech demo.

Life is like a penis:
FieldDoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2003 16:23 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2003 16:23
Another update:

Am in talks with a web designer over a site for the game. Hopefully hope to get someting sorted in the next week or so. Also, the mail program is 40% completed....then onto the test server and an alpha!

Life is like a penis:
FieldDoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 02:23 Edited at: 6th Jul 2003 02:24
There is now a website for DarkCode!!!
Check it out:

http://www.basementfactory.com

It's still pretty early but there are more screenshots and I have even added a forum.

Let us know what you think.
Thanks

P.S. I need to compress the size of some of the screenshots as they are a little slow loading...will do that tomorrow

Life is like a penis:
FieldDoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2003 16:51
Am sitting exams at the moment but I hope to release an alpha in the next 2 weeks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 15:01:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 15:01:32