Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / About models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2008 18:34
How would I pull out the models from Doom 3? and I mean the Zombie models.

cause having a doctor zombie all over the place isn't to fun(they all look alike)

They are my Space Marines, and they shall know no fear.
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2008 18:46
Um...I'm not sure... Open up the .pk3/.pk4 files and find the models in there. Or, just buy MP4 for 4 more zombies.

Time to die? All right!
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2008 23:51
Quote: "How would I pull out the models from Doom 3?"

*sigh* Kids these days...

It is illegal to do so. Pulling the models out = ripping = pirating = banning and jail.

Quote: "Open up the .pk3/.pk4 files and find the models in there."

I doubt that's possible. I recommend this:
Quote: "MP4 for 4 more zombies."

I forgot to check my MP4 today; did you mean it has 4 more zombies, or buy it for more zombies?

Kola
A game set during the second Cold War
Coming Q3 2009
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 02:32 Edited at: 19th Feb 2008 02:34
Quote: "It is illegal to do so. Pulling the models out = ripping = pirating = banning and jail."

Double standard, what was it bond, or jon f. they made HL2 zombie into fpsc, and people are still using it , but when some random dude comes along and asks how to do basically the same thing, its illegal, ripping, and pirating. i dont get these forums now a days.

Edit,

find a program that can open .pk files, and search thru em all till you find the zombies, make sure you export the textures mesh and animations otherwise it wont work right.

edit again

but i doubt they will work right, because doom3=holy poly? im pretty sure, but give it a shot if you want.

Quote: "http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/news.php"

there is a zombie or 2 there.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 09:51 Edited at: 19th Feb 2008 10:09
Actually Doom 3 models are very low poly, even for FPSC standards.

Bloodeath, I woulnd't exactly call it a double standard, these FPSC forums were a different place back in 2005, more intimate, relaxed, more "off the radar". But in many ways it was also like the wild west, where anything goes. It was me who RIGGED the HL2 zombie, it was actually posted by someone else. Someone even posted some Doom 3 models back then as well. As long as you weren't trying to earn money off of someone's work, it was pretty much a free for all.

But it wouldn't be tolerated now by any of us.

Heck, I remember a member of TGC even said it was no big deal, that Valve has to EXPECT that people will want to make fan games and such. Valve even released all their 3ds max models for Half Life 1 in their original SDK, which can still be downloaded from the web. Even today it's still a great learning tool on how to do game animation.

I'm working on more zombies too.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Da Doom Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 22:45
Well, I don't wanna do anything illegal, but even if I bought that one entity pack with Zombies, It wouldn't be enough for a city setting(no one in their right mind goes walking around in just pants right?) the Doom 3 Zombies would be used for that, and I intend to make a profit off most of my games(except maybe my first one which I want feedback on if they'd buy a game)

so my first game will be free, others after that will cot like what? $5 sound reasonable for a game 'll take time on? and I'll be using FPSC models only for the paid games.

They are my Space Marines, and they shall know no fear.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 00:38
Quote: "Bloodeath, I woulnd't exactly call it a double standard, these FPSC forums were a different place back in 2005, more intimate, relaxed, more "off the radar". But in many ways it was also like the wild west, where anything goes. It was me who RIGGED the HL2 zombie, it was actually posted by someone else. Someone even posted some Doom 3 models back then as well. As long as you weren't trying to earn money off of someone's work, it was pretty much a free for all."

i was around then, i know lol

well is this considered a double standard? you release hl2zombie its fine, i released hl2 crowbar in fpsc like 2006 and i was told by several people in email, and i think even a mod emailed me, asking me to "Request" the thread get locked because it was hl2...idk, i still only think you got away with it bond, because you're a big shot here. *dont take that offensively, it was ment more of a complement*

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:29:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:29:07